Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had just put my edge evelution on level 4 and as soon as i took off it through a under boost trouble code if any body has any idea why it did this thanks for your help

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Check all your intercooler lines. What was the code number that you threw? You sure it wasn't an OVERboost code? (p0234)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Dont Remember The Code Because I Already Cleaqred It But It Said Under Bosst Once I Cleared It Hasnt Done It Again

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
could have been a hiccup in the programming.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's your altitude. The added lag in spool time, due to elevation, will pop the code now and then. Basically, you are not getting the commanded boost in time for the diagnostic routine.

I have seen that code by commanding more boost (EFI) than the truck could deliver.

It can also happen if IAT gets real high, like sitting at a stop with a hot truck, then trying to take off, the spool time is a waiting game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Just Tried It Again And The Same Code P0299 T/s Charger Under Boost Is This Something I Should Worry About Or Just Keep Clearing

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Does it do it without the programmer? If it doesn't, contact edge and see what they say.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I Just Tried It Again And The Same Code P0299 T/s Charger Under Boost Is This Something I Should Worry About Or Just Keep Clearing
It can be fixed with EFILive very simply. an 0299 requires 2 trips at underboost during scan diagnostics. And then only if expected boost is over actual boost by more than 5.1 psi will the code trip. You change this limit, or if you prefer, you can make it so the code does not trip the SES light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts