Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys have for storage under your rear seat? Can someone post pics? Dealership here wants $140 CND. Are there other options? I did a search couldn't find much.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Some guy threw a couple 10" subs under my seat... 140 sounds resonable if it is formed to fit.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I like that idea, my kids are always kicking the jumper cables (carry those in case I come across a P-stroke or Cummins), spare hitch and class V-III adapter. <<<< Already lost one of those.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Aj check acklands. We have em in all of our work trucks

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Check out the Husky Liner website. I got one and it works fine. OEM missed this one, should have been stock, and lockable!

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Anyone know if one from a dodge would fit? I have one in my garage. I guess I could try it out on my truck..lol.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a pic I got online of the one from the dealership.

Anyone got pics of other brands?

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I don't have a picture right now, but I got a DU-HA storage bin under my rear seat. It works great and is color matched to the interior. People looking in do not see it. It has several compartments and works great. I added a heavy duty rubber bungee cord in addition to the buckle straps to keep it from moving at all. Look them up on line, as they have a website.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Here you go guys,...Check this link out (on a computer with flash). The Husky Liner Gearbox works well and it comes with nylon straps that you use to secure it underneath the seat. The seat closes down and covers it just fine. Check the link out below.
Also, a note to Government Motors,..a $65k truck should have more built in, secure storage than a (small glovebox) and a simple console. My 2006 Dodge 3500 had much more storage, and newer models have even more"

Truck Organizer | Under Seat Storage | Truck Cab Organizer | Huskyliners.com

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Double Post

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^Thanks bud, Sorry about the sluggish acceleration on your 2011 Denali HD!!!! Lol,:rofl Not sure if you saw the earlier post by Agt_Drmx?:cookoo[1]: Before the editors deleted it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep, I did, funny it's gone now. WTF!! I think he was comparing a modded truck vs completely stock. I know my 03 with the Superchip Cortex would'nt be able to touch the new Denali.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Yep, I did, funny it's gone now. WTF!! I think he was comparing a modded truck vs completely stock. I know my 03 with the Superchip Cortex would'nt be able to touch the new Denali.
Just to be clear (on a subject that obviously pissed a lot of people off) the '06 dodge was only tuned for shift points and to correct the speedo due to larger tires. No exhaust or intake changes or anything like that, just better shifting.
Like I said, so far I love the new Denali, but it is not even close to the quickness of my old Dodge BEFORE I adjusted it's shift points. I didn't buy it to race,...just making an observation - I've had to hold the Denali pedal to the floor for several seconds just to pass a truck at 60 mph. If I did that with the (stock) Dodge, I would have rev-limited out @ near 100mph in the same amount of time.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ya, can't believe that. My buddies 06 cummins 3500 is slow. He has it chipped, 6" exhaust, intake and some others and he pulled on my stock lmm, when it was stock, but not that hard at all. Rolling start at 35mph, he pulled all the way to 85mph, but he had maybe 2-3 car lengths on me. Now he won't even line em up! You feel it more in the dodge because of the suspension, and ya it feels like you are put in your seat, and u hear the motor screaming, but it doesn't mean its a lot faster. I don't feel like I'm going fast and it doesn't sound like I'm going fast, but the spedo doesn't lie.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just to be clear (on a subject that obviously pissed a lot of people off) the '06 dodge was only tuned for shift points and to correct the speedo due to larger tires. No exhaust or intake changes or anything like that, just better shifting.
Like I said, so far I love the new Denali, but it is not even close to the quickness of my old Dodge BEFORE I adjusted it's shift points. I didn't buy it to race,...just making an observation - I've had to hold the Denali pedal to the floor for several seconds just to pass a truck at 60 mph. If I did that with the (stock) Dodge, I would have rev-limited out @ near 100mph in the same amount of time.
You might want to get your truck looked at. If I matted my truck at highway speeds, I'd be at the 100 mph limit within a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Ya, can't believe that. My buddies 06 cummins 3500 is slow. He has it chipped, 6" exhaust, intake and some others and he pulled on my stock lmm, when it was stock, but not that hard at all. Rolling start at 35mph, he pulled all the way to 85mph, but he had maybe 2-3 car lengths on me. Now he won't even line em up! You feel it more in the dodge because of the suspension, and ya it feels like you are put in your seat, and u hear the motor screaming, but it doesn't mean its a lot faster. I don't feel like I'm going fast and it doesn't sound like I'm going fast, but the spedo doesn't lie.
Good Points, and well taken,..

Back when I owned the Dodge, (rated at 330hp stock) it could easily keep up with some my friends older DMax's 2006/7's. So as fast as those stock Duramax's were, I thought the 2011 DMax (rated 397hp) would be a screamer. It's fast enough, but it's gonna take some mods before I have the confidence to pass 2-3 cars in a row on these steep grades in my area, especially when towing!

I do agree with your observations that the Dodges stiff suspension, noise, etc., make them feel faster than they may actually be. The noise and horrible ride are precisely why I traded!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts