Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install some bright led bars under my truck but i only want them to come on when ever the truck is in park. Any ideas where i can tap in so the lights only work when the truck is in park

·
Most Known Unknown
29,722 Posts
Why go through that trouble of making them work only in park?

I don't know much about lighting or what kind of power they draw but maybe to the battery and put a switch on them and hide somewhere

Just put them on a kill switch and be done

IMO!

·
Registered
608 Posts
There will not really be a way for lights to come on only in park. Think about it, what lights come on when you throw your truck in park? None. Do what^^^Jeff said. Much easier.

There is plenty of room to get creative on this one...you could install some relays to a switch for when you hit the unlock button on your remote they turn the lights on. I have seen that done.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know i could just wire them to a switch but that's too easy...lol I wanted the extra light for high lighting my nerf bars and to light up the area around the truck when loading and unloading our boat at the ramp and when were surf fishing at night. With a switch i'd have to remember to turn them them on and off. My day time runnings lights always go out when i place my truck in park and then come on when taken out of park. So maybe i can tie into that input.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,722 Posts
/\

It's just a switch! You can remember that!

You could even make a nice little switch panel or buy one already made for all your wiring so you don't have to have them all on at once or whatever!

You can remember a switch!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts