Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is only my 2nd post to this forum, being i just bought my first Duramax, i got the truck last week and took it back to the shop, they put brand new 265/75/16 load range E Uniroyal Laredo 10plys on it when i bought it, i pust 77 miles on them and took them off for 285 Nitto's, im looking to sell the Uniroyals, like to get $400 for the set, the still look brand new except for the tire shine, i do accept paypal and shipping is on you, i can ship for around $20 per tire usually of that weight, maybe less.

if youd like to see my ebay feedback its hoss074201 my user name, its 100% as always, if you need to call its 704-460-1911, located in Belmont, NC 28012 locals more than welcome, i own my own tire shop and this price is less than my cost, its only fair, it is considered a used tire even though they only have 77 miles on them, let me know if there is any interest, thanks Robert

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
hey i see your in the tire business so am i,we have a total of 3 stores family owned and operated..later james

·
Registered
47 Posts
this is only my 2nd post to this forum, being i just bought my first Duramax, i got the truck last week and took it back to the shop, they put brand new 265/75/16 load range E Uniroyal Laredo 10plys on it when i bought it, i pust 77 miles on them and took them off for 285 Nitto's, im looking to sell the Uniroyals, like to get $400 for the set, the still look brand new except for the tire shine, i do accept paypal and shipping is on you, i can ship for around $20 per tire usually of that weight, maybe less.

if youd like to see my ebay feedback its hoss074201 my user name, its 100% as always, if you need to call its 704-460-1911, located in Belmont, NC 28012 locals more than welcome, i own my own tire shop and this price is less than my cost, its only fair, it is considered a used tire even though they only have 77 miles on them, let me know if there is any interest, thanks Robert
Was wondering if you still have the tires?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I realize the tires are sold. I am looking at a set new for $560 out the door. Was there a problem with them?? Should I beware?
Bill

·
Registered
44 Posts
Uniroyal Suck
Get A Set Of Nitto/bfg/michelin Ltx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for highway use, the Uniroyal is a good tire, off road not so much, ice not so much, but for towing and long road trips ive never had a problem with them,

Michelin LTX M/S is the overall best tire very costly

BFG Allterrain T/A is great for on and off road but pricey

Nitto is best for price, wear, on and off road, and they make a 10 ply is most sizes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure where you are located but i have a local customer that removed his 265/75/16 Michelin LTX A/T for 285 Nittos, he said he was wanting $400 for all 4 with about 80% tread left on them, they are only 8ply though, not enough for a 3/4ton truck in my opinion

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the info., but I agree the 8 ply are a little thin for what I will be using them for. Appreciate the thought. I'm in Indiana. Since I don't plan to do any off roading I'm thinking the Uniroyals will be fine. I talked to a fellow who just happen to be at another store getting his rotated the first time with 6,000 miles. They were on a 2500 HD crew cab like mine. Said he liked them. Does mostly highway driving in the construction business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uniroyal and BFG are the same company i think, im not sure big companys buy each other out everyday, i cant keep up

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is hard to keep up. The Manager at Tire Barn said Uniroyal was bought out by Michelin. I also read an article on the web that Michelin was bringing out some new tires under their recently purchased Uniroyal line. Hey, if it is on the Internet it has to be true, right :) I don't know for sure and guess it really doesn't matter because Michelin could produce an inferior tire as long as it doesn't say Michelin on the side. I'm just trying to save some bucks. Thanks for your help. As I said before this is a great forum.

Was hoping to hear from someone with Uniroyal tires experience. Maybe the fact that no one has run them on their truck is telling me someting. I'll keep exploring for information.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a note to conclude my tire saga. I went back to the dealer to purchase the Uniroyals and he only had three left. Seems another truck came in with a set of four and 6,000 mi. on them. One was bad, so that left the dealer with three. I took that as a sign to go with my next choice, the more expensive Toyo Open Road AT's. Dealer knocked another $60 off and they put them on this a.m. Total price with mounting, balance, raod hazard and nitrogen was $630. About $50 more than the Uniroyals. Again thanks to all who contributed to my big purchase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.