Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right Place but, here it is. My truck had a 5 inch exaust with a cat delete when i bought it but i have no idea what kind of muffler it has. It isn't labeled. I was thinking of gettining a new one for sound but im wondering if anyone knows how i can tell what mine is with out cutting it off.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Not sure if this is the right Place but, here it is. My truck had a 5 inch exaust with a cat delete when i bought it but i have no idea what kind of muffler it has. It isn't labeled. I was thinking of gettining a new one for sound but im wondering if anyone knows how i can tell what mine is with out cutting it off.
Well the way I see it is most mufflers are the same basically. If you want a different sound just take off the muffler and replace with a straight pipe!

Sent while driving from my iPhone...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Agreed, just cut that guy off of there and run w/o for a different sound.

LB7's need to be straighted IMO, sound so much better.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thats what i want but i wont pass inspection so ive been putting it off. Not any more ill cut it off this weekend.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Right on man, yeah missouri is real cool about their inspections :rolleyes: you're gonna like it gone though

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Right on man, yeah missouri is real cool about their inspections :rolleyes: you're gonna like it gone though
But your neighbors may not. Haha

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
oh, believe me.. Indiana has NO inspections/rules/regulations of any kind ;)
I ment because my neighbors always know when I'm headed home. Usually cause I stomp on it when I'm close to my house... I just mean its loud when you get on it. But sounds amazing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts