Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my UOA back from Blackstone today. It looks like I'm going to be doing injectors. Came back as fuel at 4%. I was going to use Lincoln SAC00 injectors, but my wife just totaled her truck today, so suddenly we are broke it looks like reman injectors for me :( Great Friday the 13th totaled Tacoma and fuel in oil. When it rains.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I said F it and ordered the new SAC00 injectors, after market high pressure lines and the master install kit from Lincoln. I don't want to do this again. I also ordered a Kennedy lift pump. What is the opinion on injector cups? Pull and reseal or just leave them alone?

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I will leave them alone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its done. 8 new SAC00 injectors, new high pressure lines and a Kennedy dual lift pump with the mega filter. What a job. I'm glad I used good injectors. Thats not something I would want to do on a regular basis. The injectors I pulled out were filthy on the drivers side and not so bad on the other side. New balance rates are very good. There was a small oil leak on the bottom valve cover on the passengers side which the previous owner tried to fix by tightening the socket head screws, of course until they stripped so that was fun. I'm pretty sure the valve cover was leaking because whoever previously did the injectors on that side used some type of orange goo on the bottom valve cover seal instead of just putting it on. I put in all new hardware for both the valve covers. The LDS bottom valve cover hardware comes as bolts and not socket heads so that is really nice. All I had was a crappy Wix fuel filter to use but its in front of the Baldwin giant filter so I'm not too worried but I have a BF46062 coming to the house and should be here Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the exclusive “I’m a shade-tree mechanic and did my LB7 injectors” Club!

Not clear in all the posts so where did you find SAC00 injectors (vs the troublesome OEM VCO’s)?

·
Registered
900 Posts
LDS carries them now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I got them from LDS. They are a little bit more but hopefully adding more and better filtration along with a lift pump they will last a good while. Another thing that was good about the job was the previous owner had added a bunch of plastic 90º fittings in the fuel system instead of running single lengths of hoses. Im sure those were causing a massive restriction to the fuel system. Time will tell the whole story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.