Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck has a 8'' fab tech lift on it now. 35/13.5/22's. I have it set as low as it can go and it rides like shit. I understand that part. So either I need to crank it up to get the ride out of it, or put a smaller lift on it. So I crank it up and throw 37's back on it. With a set of bmf nov's. Or do I sell the lift and install a coginto 4'' kit with the toyo 35 12.5's on a set of bmf's.
????????????

·
Registered
897 Posts
Your truck is BA the way it is, but I could imagine driving around every day with an 8" lift can be a pain. I would sell the lift and put a 4" on with 35s on 20" Novas.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm lowering mine down as soon as I get home next month. I'm right around 8" now as well. Going to about 5" again probably. But my situation is a little different.

There almost comes a point where its too much for a dd rig and the additional wear and tear from the bigger meats also sucks. In your situation i'd probably go with the cognito setup and get a cush ride again and just rock 35's all day long.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
the truck definitely has a great stance the way it sits currently.. but is it your dd? If so then ride comfort would play a bigger part in my decision than looks.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
function>form in my book. I'd lower it a bit and rock a still lifted rig that rides like stock

·
Registered
308 Posts
i can see how itd be a pain but man, thats one sexy rig... im kinda in the same deal. im gonna lift mine soon but cant decided between the BDS 7in or just the 4.5inch. Im scared the 7's gonna sweet but after awhile just be a PITA

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Here's a setup idea for ya. 4" like with your choice of 20s on 275 Toyo M/T sounds small but they measure out huge, 34.5x11.5 to be exact. Should ride good and look sweet as well.

·
Registered
897 Posts
22's on 35's might not be enough meat for you.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
your almost as indecisive with your wheel and tire / lift combos as I am.

I think it looks great now... 22's on 35's is BA in my book.

If you want to go fast I would get rid of the lift all together but it all depends on what your motivations are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts