Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still shopping and having problems deciding between some tires.

I have 40k on my current Nitto Trail Grapplers. No complaints at all, just considering a little less aggressive tread next.

(That said, I do believe tires are like 4wd and insurance, you don't need them until you REALLY need them.)

So I'm also considering the Toyo AT II, which in a 35, will be the extreme version.

Also looking at the new Toyo RTs, but there aren't a whole lot of reviews out there with any sort of mileage yet. Does anybody have them that may care to do an up to date review?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I have several sets on the road but all are sub 10k miles still, but all of them are wearing very well. We rotate all of our customers tires at 5-6k for them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have several sets on the road but all are sub 10k miles still, but all of them are wearing very well. We rotate all of our customers tires at 5-6k for them.
I know you see a lot of tires, what's your take on the RT? Is it really between the MT and AT2? I see the size of the lugs but is there enough of a void to really be better in the mud than the AT? Where I'm looking the RTs are about $30 more a tire than the AT2.

I've been through Pro Comp Xtreme MTs (good tires, 40k miles), then to Goodyear MTR Kevlars (about 32k, they sucked, but were D rated, which is my fault), then my current Trail Grapplers with 40k on them which have been good tires but if I can get away with a little less aggressive tread that I can still depend on AND get a little more mileage, I'll jump on them. The truck spends the bulk of the time on the pavement, but I do get to hunt sometimes plus I tow a 22 foot bayboat and we've seen some nasty ramps. I don't ever slip where I see a lot of trucks do.

It is also a little concerning that everywhere but one place I'm looking is showing Toyo RT and AT on a nationwide back order.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to bump this one up. I need tires soon and can't decide between the Nitto TG that I've gotten 44k out of, the Toyo AT2 Xtreme, or the RT, which is the most expensive out of all of them.

I like the looks of the new Cooper STT Pro but for some reason they won't put a mileage warranty on their stuff. I know it doesn't mean much but at least it shows some confidence.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a set of 35x20s Toyo RT's on my truck. noise is minimal, very good ride quality and tread wear seems to be pretty good. I currently have 10k on them and they still look really good.

·
Registered
545 Posts
On my Dodge, I had a set of 35x12.5 Toyo R/T's and loved them. I couldn't believe how quiet they were going 70mph down the highway. I only had them on for 3 months before I traded the truck in but they defiantly impressed me. Before those I always ran Masrercraft Couser tires but the Toyos impressed me enough to look into buying another set. Only problem is for the 35x12.5x18 I had, cost almost 1600 dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.