Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Upgrade my Allison

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Shov 
#1 ·
I know a lot of you have experience in doing this so I'm asking. I would like to upgrade my Allison before I start boosting the horsepower and torque. I don't have the ability to do this myself, so what am I looking for is a price range to have this done? I am in the Denver area and if anyone can refer me to someone that would be great also.

#6 ·
PM Mike L or contact Eric Merchant at gmdieseltech.com(his phone number is on his site). He is in Michigan, so he is closer to you.

#5 ·
Shov, There are several different combinations you can get according to the horsepower your going to add and how mutch money you want to spend :D

It also makes a difference on what year truck you have. The 06 with the allison 6 speed has a kit where you change a few springs and check valves and you get more line pressure. This will help not burning the clutches when shifting through the gears.

Also if you can fill out your sig with you vehical info it will help diagnose what ya got :thumbsup

#7 ·
i'd like to get a trans set up so i can go to the pulls maybe 3 or 4 times a summer and be able to have the holding power if i want to get on it for the occassional street race. it will probably take me a couple summers of working overtime, but i can't see myself going any higher than 450hp.

#11 ·
Sorry about the lack of info on my rig. It's a 2003 CC LB with just over 60,000 miles on her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.