Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was a Mustang Head "originally". 10 years ago. And a racer who've taught me a lot (2004 Renegade efi champion blue wizard Mustang) won't say his name, but he always told me, you wan a truck, Get a Chevy.

Being the Kid I was back then getting into cars Did not see how that made since.

Now I've started my own business, smarter and wiser, I see what he meant. Ford vs Chevy, Ford has the looks but for being a truck, Chevy is the way to go, when you compare the same CLASS. Have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 now. Bought in March of 2010. It was cool until I started Plowing last year with it commercially. Have my own business now. Meyer's 8 foot Pro Plow with unimount. Blew the trans, Hub bearings and the 4x4 the first year. :) Granted, This plow was over kill for this truck from the start and it has 263K miles on it now. It's Tired. But was a hell of a truck while its still kinda ticking now.

Made that money back, fixed it. Blew the tranny again... Now I'm hoping to buy a 04 silverado 3500 LS CC DRW diesel. It will be 1K +LBS in the rear (salt spreader and Salt) So plenty of counter weight.

Any thoughts and tips? Plow set on the diesel, is that okay? I'm still learning about the diesel, but I know Chevy 3500 is much better for Moving Weight than a F 350, and No way I'm getting a Dodge.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
welcome friend, just use the search engine on the forum and start reading, lots of answers to your questions and good reading to educate you. When it comes to parts and mods, research and do it once and do it right.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Welcome to DF!

·
WOOD... man!
5,519 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Why is it that you want an '04? At the very least you want an '04.5-'05 as they came with the LLY motor. If you want to stay clear of headaches, stay clear of LB7 motors (pre '04.5). Sure, people drive them, most have issues with them and some don't. But wouldn't you wanna try and avoid the b/s instead of hitting it head on? Price won't be much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
11,298 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.