Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
I'm leaking antifreeze from the upper line where the metal line re-enters the lower rubber hose heading down to the lower portion of the radiator.
Looking for some info about the upper heater core hose for my LB7. Parts numbers and info where to buy the parts would be great.

Premium Member
Leaking at the plastic quick connect hose barb fitting at the firewall?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. its leaking at the connection where the metal heater line changes back to the rubber molded hose then to angles down in front of the motor. I'm thinking about replacing the whole line from the fire wall all the way down.
Thoughts about part #s, where to buy, etc...
Thanks

Premium Member
Options

No. its leaking at the connection where the metal heater line changes back to the rubber molded hose then to angles down in front of the motor. I'm thinking about replacing the whole line from the fire wall all the way down.
Thoughts about part #s, where to buy, etc...
Thanks
Whenever I open my wallet, all the president blink at the light. :wink2:

That being said, when I need a part, I first annoy the person at my local GMC parts counter (in person is best) and have him (or her) pull up a diagram so I can ID the part and get a number. To avoid this potentially embarrassing part, exploded diagrams abound on numerous web sites.

Parts guys and gals are not dummies and know everything they sell is, let us say, expensive, and lots of folks will pull part numbers from them so they can get on the interweb and have an eBay seller deliver the much less costly OEM part to their mailbox. As an added benefit, every price you get after the dealer will look positively awesome!

I鈥檝e found many GMC dealers have an eBay presence and sell parts for less than your local dealer. They usually operate under a name other than their dealership, but same goods, just less cost.

Also, many aftermarket outfits doing the same.

Process starts with that part number.

I trust I have not insulted your intelligence, but since you asked...:grin2:.

Now, get busy!

Best

Registered
2nd the parts counter tactic. I do it all the time with my local GMC dealer, but I have been buying parts from them for 16 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts