Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After telling my wife she can't drive my truck cause she might put gasoline in my diesel, I am the one that ended up doing. I realized it after putting 17 gallons in the tank. So it looks like the fix is to drain the tank, but many are telling me it may have an anti-siphon tank? Does this make sense? Any good ideas for how to drain about 23 gallons of mixed fuel? And once i get it out what do i do with it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
If you only added a few gallons, you could add a quart of 2 cycle oil to help dilute the gas, but that much gas, best to remove as much as you can. Probably a good idea to add a few ounces of 2 cycle anyway, because there will still be some gas mixed.

Only way to know if it has a anti-siphon is to see if you can insert a hose in the fill neck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. If it is anti-siphon, drop the tank?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't think it's anti siphon. Although I forgot what the lip looks like at the last part of the fill tube. Dropping the tank isn't bad. I can have the tank out of mine in about 15-20 minutes. I know it doesn't make you feel better but this would be a great time to install a sump. Good luck

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
I've never put gas in my truck but I have been able to siphon fuel from my 09.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,126 Posts
I don't think it's anti siphon. Although I forgot what the lip looks like at the last part of the fill tube. Dropping the tank isn't bad. I can have the tank out of mine in about 15-20 minutes. I know it doesn't make you feel better but this would be a great time to install a sump. Good luck
this..

Sump time. you get to drill a hole in the bottom of the tank...

Check out Bama Off Road for a Bean's sump.....:grin2:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
this..

Sump time. you get to drill a hole in the bottom of the tank...

Check out Bama Off Road for a Bean's sump.....:grin2:
I have to agree with this^^^. Just install a sump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts