Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Nice writeup on DP Tanc, very helpful, now to get my hands on a V2 for cheap. I know, good luck right! lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only a few days into this beautiful relationship I cant thank this web site enough for hooking me up with this new love in my life. EFI live I love you! I want to climb up to the tallest building and yell "I love EFI live" sorry I couldn't hold it in

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I have a 12v charger for my laptop for that very reason ;)
The very first thing in my EFI v2 box was an orange warning flier that says never use a power inverter to charge your laptop while v2 is connected to the obd2 port!!!!! It says "Doing so will almost certainly damage your flashscan devise and possibly your laptop/computer" I will not be using a power inverter, I am using a netbook and just bought an extened life battery for it. Can't afford to blow up 2 expensive pieces of equipment.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
The very first thing in my EFI v2 box was an orange warning flier that says never use a power inverter to charge your laptop while v2 is connected to the obd2 port!!!!! It says "Doing so will almost certainly damage your flashscan devise and possibly your laptop/computer" I will not be using a power inverter, I am using a netbook and just bought an extened life battery for it. Can't afford to blow up 2 expensive pieces of equipment.
A power inverter and a legitimate 12v DC charger are two different things my friend ;)

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
A power inverter and a legitimate 12v DC charger are two different things my friend ;)
Yea, I was bringing the fact that you were using a 12 VOLT CHARGER, not an inverter to peoples attention before they went and whacked their V2.:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys !!!

Hey guys the title of this thread is USE YOUR V2 right, OK EFI Live can be
used to tune Diesel rigs, Gas rigs, Sports Cars, SUVs. That V2 sitting on
the shelf that Chris spoke of, can help out your friends & family and if you
so choose be an entrepreneur. I have gotten an overwhelming response for
this type of service because there are V2s just sitting around. If you
are not a tuner that's OK, your tuner can E-mail them to you.

FYI
-Justin

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
A sine wave inverter won't harm anything except your wallet but you pay for what you get.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice write up. very good info, i am going to try this weekend.

·
Registered
578 Posts
subscribed. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
FYI to anyone that reads this thread and runs out to get an SD card BEFORE reading the linked thread.....
Do not get anything bigger then a 2GB SD card.
It states in the linked thread that it cannot be bigger then 2GB, and must be the regular SD, not SDHC card.
Don't do what I did, and waste a whopping $11 (although I now have a 4gb for my camera)
I didn't read the linked thread before running out to get one. I figured, if 2GB worked, then 4GB would be better. They also only had the SDHC cards, but I had no idea there was a difference anyways.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Good point Jhill. I edited the post to specify nothing larger than 2gb.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
you mentioned using less than a 2gb sd card, I have a 1gb lying around. Will that work?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yep. As long as its not SD-HC.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
So I ran out and got the right card. Funny how a 2gb SD is more expensive then a 4gb SDHC....
This is all new to me, so I do have a couple questions about the datalogging.
Now that I am ready to start datalogging, I follow these instructions from that link correct?
Now your ready to try out the BBL.
* Start Truck
* Plug it into the trucks OBDII port.
* Select F1 Select PIDs
* Find the one you created and select OK.
* Once it oks the PID list and comes back hit the Cancel/Back button to get to the main menu.
* Select F2 Scan
* F1 Data Logging
* Then F1 to record the data and view at the same time. or F2 just to view the PIDs data
* Press Cancel/Back button to stop logging and write it automatically if you did F1 Record.
Note: Now you may notice your PID info is still metric even though you select other format
for the selected PIDs. press the Enter button on the FlashScan v2 to toggle between the metric and other
format view option. It will always default to the Metric unless you make a change on the FlashScan V2.
With a 2gb card how long can I datalog, or should I only log short distances at a time? Starting Wednesday, I am going to be making the 1600 mile trip back to Idaho. I don't plan to log all of it, but would like to be able to log uphill, downhill, and flat points along the way.
Do I even need to bother logging different runs, or can sitting at idle give me any info I need?
Between datalog sessions, do I need to remove the data from the card before logging again?
Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
So what I found out on my drive back (and an email from IdahoRob asking him the same questions) is that you can datalog as long as you want until the sd card is full. You can log multiple different times. It saves each log session as it's own file.
Runs across multiple elevations, climbs, drops, flats, etc give you different data. Which for my concern it was a good thing that I did log some idle, steady accel, and WOT runs.

I also had a problem loading PIDs onto my V2 at first. It wouldn't program because the space used was already at 100%. When you first go to load a PID list, all PIDs in both scan AND tune are checked. I unchecked all of them before choosing the ones I wanted so there was enough space to program.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yep...You can fit a lot of tunes and logs on one 2gb card. I think I have 10 tunes and about 25 logs on mine. There's some pretty big files too. Sometimes I forget to hit cancel when I cross the line and it records for 3-4 minutes.

·
Registered
634 Posts
sub'd

21 - 40 of 70 Posts