Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
bump

·
Registered
61 Posts
i see you use the black v2 will it be the same with the blue v2 .thanks
The only difference between the black and the blue units, is that the blues ones will be able to tune the 04-05 Cummins when they support them. They had to make a hardware change for those ECM's and all V2's sold in the last year or so are now blue. Other then that, the black and blue are the same. ;)

·
You didn't build that...
63 Posts
That sounds useful...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am thinking about the V2 Scan tool also, just curious if the F1-F4 buttons are for different tunes. I want the V2 scan, but I also want the DSP5 switch.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
The F buttons are not to switch between tunes. They are for selecting different functions of the V2 as you go through Tune, Scan, Diagnostics sections of the V2.
You use the V2 to load the tunes into the ECM, and the switch is wired into the truck to flip between each tune.

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Good to know!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Think of them as seperate entitites that work together. The V2 is an overall tool that you can plug into your truck to scan trouble codes, load tunes, and a few other abilities. The DSP5 switch is just a switch that flips between the tunes as you head down the road.

So let's say you call up Joe Blow to get 5 tunes and a switch. The switch will show up in the mail, and he emails you 1 file that has the 5 tunes. Once you get the switch installed and the tune file, you take your V2 and a laptop out to your truck. You plug the V2 into the laptop and your trucks OBD2 port. You use the EFI software downloaded onto your laptop in conjunction with the V2 to upload that tune file onto your ECM. Once that is successfully done, you can unplug your V2 and store it away. Your DSP5 switch will now flip between the tunes that are loaded.

That's my best layman's explanation of it, as I understand it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh, ok. Good deal. Yea, thats about sums it up. I appreciate it. I found a DSP5 switch and the V2 scan tool on atptrucks.com. Have you ever dealt with this dealer before, or do you reccomend another dealer?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
ATP = IdahoRob and SickDiesel (on this site). Rob is one of the best known EFI tuners there is. You will have no issues at all if you go with them. You can send SickDiesel a PM here if you have any ATP specific questions.

·
Registered
143 Posts
With the new updates on the soft/firmware (v7.5.7, v8.2.1), I am having a hard time setting up the data logging.

What PIDs are useful in lue of not having the LBZ Imperial + DSP5 settings to run with?

Right now I am just selecting all the PIDs and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Glad I found this. Just got my efi in the mail. My labtop battery failed long ago and was more then slighty upset when I read the warning.

·
Registered
662 Posts
cool!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok I have a question may be dumb but oh well just say for example I get a dsp5 and v2 with five tunes form Rob. Can i still create my own tunes without erasing or messing his up??

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
You would need to tell Him (Rob) that you want to have a setting on the DSP5 that is left open for you to create and tweak your own tune. It will most likely be left as a stock tune and you can modify it from there. Probably tune 5 on the switch.

·
All In
89 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I can't just store his on my v2 and jack with the v2 on my own?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Thats a pain in the butt IMO, because then you dont have the opportunity to run Hs tunes and switch to yours. But if thats what you want the V2 is capable of writing as many tunes as you want. You have to Load His tunes if you want to run them, and if you want to try yours you then have to full flash yours in. It's not as easy as a calibration flash for changes youve made to tune 5 (your tune).

But like I said, yes you can do it either way. On one of the DSP settings, or a whole new script.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.