Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
That seems weird to me? I cant select what tunes to have on my dsp5 so if I have ten tunes how does it decide which ones to put on there has to be a selection process? Right?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
A DSP5 tune isn't 5 completely differant tunes, it is one tune with 5 different layers to it. When you load the tune you are only putting one tune file in the truck but that file has different levels. You could ask for 5 different tunes to be built. When you get the tunes make a copy of the original file and save it somewhere and never alter it. Use the second copy to make your own modifications to. You can save as many copies of the original file and alter them however you would like. You can then select those different modified tunes to load to the ECM. You can only load one tune with its 5 different levels to the ECM at one time though.

Hope that helps clear some stuff up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh ok thanks a lot that did clear it up pretty good for me. The whole process can be pretty confusing

·
Premium Member
331 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, the laptop does get in the way when driving "Talk about strapping it down before take off":rofl

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Kinda of a pain in ass and may get you into an accident lookin' at it but it works, a jotto desk might be a better idea though

-
-
When loading tunes not a good idea to use a charger on the batteries or power your laptop with the 110v charger sent with the laptop.

-

-
-

-
-

·
Stone Colds Brother
600 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
6,230 Posts