Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used by husband's truck today; drove about 1 mile when I realized, in absolute horror, that I had just pumped unleaded gasoline into his truck. I pulled over, had the truck towed, etc...no word yet from mechanic. Has anyone had similar occurance? I did not drive over 35-40 miles per hour; is it likely that severe damage was done?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You should be ok...how empty was the tank when you filled it up? Seeing that you made it for a short distance and shut it down before it started making a lot of noises or died on it's own I don't think there would be much damage. Although, it depends on how much gasoline was mixed in and how much diesel was left in the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gas tank was on "E"; low fuel indicator was on when I fueled up; there was no knocking or smoking, but I do think truck was about to stall; truck just didn't seem to be running properly

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
ya my mom did that to my dads 97 chevy 6.5TD about 4years ago and all we did was pump the tank and had the dealer flush the fuel lines and it was set to go but i would highly recommned run a amsoil additive in the fuel for extra safe messures...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts