Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How accurate is the PPE as a gauge for looking at boost and fuel pressure? I am seeing 36.2lbs for true boost so actual boost is only about 21.5 lbs of boost. That seems low to me. I am seeing about 5500 psi at idle for fuel psi. I fuel psi rail pressure or is this something else?

Thanks for the help :rockin

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anything?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont understand? :confused:
I am assuming true boost on the ppe means atmospheric pressure plus boost, because it shows 14.7 psi at idle. At full throttle it shows 36.2 psi. 36.2-14.7=21.5lbs of boost. Am I right or do I have something mixed up?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
makes since to me. i tried using in once as a gauge and it didnt seem very accurate to me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
makes since to me. i tried using in once as a gauge and it didnt seem very accurate to me.
Yeah 21.5 seems really low to me. Especially compared to some of the trucks I have beat. I guess its about time to invest in some gauges.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
If lthe gauge is showing 14.7 at idle, that's not boost. Boost is a calculated value - calculated ~ Pressure inside the intake minus BARO (atmospheric pressure - about 14.7) I've never had your PPE instrument so don't know what it is intended to show, but my CTS2 did show boost correctly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
22psi for lb7 on a cts2, but you can go to records and see actual

02 gmc sierra 2500hd crew cab short bed
3" zone kit
285/70/17 nitto Terra Grapplers
17x9 Raceline 930's
S&B intake
3" turbo horn
PPE boost valve
MBRP 3" downpipe