Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-Installed windows on my laptop. Re-Installed EFI Live on laptop from the site(latest software). Now V2 will not communicate with laptop. Will not go into pass through mode, etc. Followed tips on EFI Live site for updating firmware on V2(hold control button, plug in USB cable, two orange LEDs flash alternately, bring up firmware update screen, click status button and error message pops up " Flashscan V2 is not in Dead-Poll mode). Attemped to contact support team at EFI Live but that hasnt been very successful. Has anyone heard of this, had this happen or know how to correct this? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Check for updates on your computer and if you have done that go into scan and tune and check to see if filmware is current.
Darryl
775-397-2996
Call me if you still having problems

·
Registered
897 Posts
For some reason I vaguely remember having to install an EFILive usb driver... I could just be crazy though...

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got It! Had to remove and reinstall all EFI live software. Apparently there is an issue with new drivers not installing unless the old drivers are removed. Downloaded the USB manager from the EFI Live site, installed all of the new software and everything got happy. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Same thing happened to me the other night, I was trying to go through the steps to set up for blackbox logging as my laptop battery lasts about 10 minutes at best... So you had to uninstall all of the efi software, then just reinstall it?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
After many uses with no update for awhile I started receiving errors the other day. A quick un-install and re-install fixed me right up.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep...uninstall all EFI live software and install the new stuff from the site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts