Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the idea from the "DirtEmax-USMC long term Build" thread and figured why the h3ll not do my own. I just got my Denali a month ago and already have done quite a few things. There will be much more as time progress's.

A little background, The truck was a 1 owner truck that only used it for RV trailer towing, thats it. I bought it with 29,7XX miles and it is a 2011 truck. What I didnt know was the issues it had from sitting up for such a long time. The vanes in the turbo were stuck and it started to throw a P003A code twice a day, shortly after I bought the truck. So I proceeded to remove the turbo and fix the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moar pics

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the turbo all back together and back running on Thanksgiving.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removed the B&W Patriot rails and installed the B&W Turn-Over Ball Goose Neck

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
With a little bitty fuel transfer pump, it takes forever to transfer the diesel from one tank to the other. The past owner wired it to a momentary switch that you had to hold down for over 30 minutes to transfer 1/2 tank to the main tank. Nope, I wired in a toggle with a LED indicator and made a nice carbon fiber patch panel to cover the hole where he placed the momentary switch. At a later date I will get a better pump and bigger lines so it doesn't take forever like it does now.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then there is this rats nest for the airbags that needs to be tamed. I dont know WTH they were thinking. Ill prolly add an airtank while i clean this mess up

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This isn't necessarily truck related but the most recent. I used it as a work bench on the latest project I did. A trans rebuild and rear end swap on a 2006 Corvette.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
thanks, tomorrow i have some lift keys coming in. ill be under the truck removing the running boards and looking for a thumping noise. I think its the bushings for the torsion bar cross member. so while im there....... it could be loose body bushings too, since those were messed with in the passed when these running boards were installed. also clean up those god awful air lines.

·
Registered
372 Posts
sub'd, I just love build threads and smart fellas sharing ideas. Did you throw and upgraded comp wheel and cover on that turbo while you had it out and blown apart for cleaning? :D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking like a nice truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Thanks, it'll get nicer as time passes

sub'd, I just love build threads and smart fellas sharing ideas. Did you throw and upgraded comp wheel and cover on that turbo while you had it out and blown apart for cleaning? :D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I wish I could of done that, but the way my bank account is set up............'dunno;

I put some leveling keys on today

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This pic was the initial setting I did on the lift. It was about 1/4" higher in the front. I cannot have a Cali lean truck. So I dropped it down to 3/4" lower that the rear. It looks much better now.

I took the Grandpa running boards off for 2 reasons, I'm not even close to a grandpa and didn't like the way they looked. And I think it was the source of a thumpin noise that has been driving me insane. So off they come. Here is the thread on that subject........

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-2016-non-powertrain/947313-thumpin-noise-when-truck-gets-wet.html

***Edit***

I put a before pic for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I cleaned it up and set the final ride height. I worked on the air lines but the "T's" will not hold air pressure. So I'll get new ones when the stores open back up after the holidays.

Merry Christmas every one!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I rented a trailer for my CDL driving test. A 32' is the shortest they had. A 40' trailer is gunna really stick out

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Subbed for sure. Props for being handy. We look forward to more!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nothing exciting to report other than after the freeze we had here in Houston, my Michelins started to crack around the bead and outer edge of the sidewalls. Im no too happy about that. I don't have any vibrations just yet, and I don't want any in the future. So I am saving for new tires, I am thinking of going with the new Nitto Grappler G2's in a 245. Just a little wider than what is on there.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I absolutely love my Toyo AT2’s. Love them. I have them in 305-55-20.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
nice truck ~ love it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts