Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a clutch upgrade for my truck and I do not want South Bend. A friend of mine has one and is not happy with it, has had to pull it and send back 3 or 4 times, and said for the money he paid he shouldn't have problems. his is rated for 700 or 750hp and like 1400tq, he dynoed it at 502hp/1000tq and it slips. Anyway, I was looking at Valair clutches. I just street drive and occasional light towing, no racing or sled pulls. I was looking at Valair's single disc rated at 550hp/1000tq. Anyone had any experience with these?

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Sounds like he has other issues rather than the clutch itself. I know of a truck I've worked on with the same clutch running more power than that and towing very heavy at least every week without problems. I know of three trucks in the area that have valairs and have problems and gotten the run around from the company, though they have eventually (if not grudgingly) replaced them. South bend is proud of their products and will stand behind them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know a diesel mechanic that has intalled south bend clutches in dodges and didn't like them. My friend said he had a lot of trouble with customer service with south bend though. Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts