Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace the 4 bolts in my valve body noted in the attached pic. Apparently they grew legs and walked off while I was working on the truck.

Pretty sure they're M6x1 but don't know the length. They're the longer 4 of the 15 bolts that get removed to remove the valve body. Also, if anyone knows a non-online shop that usually carries them, I'd appreciate it too. Been searching for a while but can't find them in my shop.

edit: 06-09 Allison 1000 valve body

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,484 Posts
I‘ve looked at my parts diagrams and through my manuals and seemingly can’t find the length of them bolts. Hopefully you can find your originals.

Reactions: seamus

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate it.

Same problem I've had so far. No parts diagrams diagrams show the bolts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May have found the part numbers...

Tracked down the shorter bolts (M6x1.0x50mm). GM Parts Giant is the only site that even mentioned the other longer bolts at 65mm. I wasn't sure if they were 60 or 65 so I have something to go on, and a part number, now.

Of course, the Shop Gods will put the "lost" bolts on my workbench as soon as I hit check out...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just in case the link above ever dies, the valve body mounting bolts for valve bodies with the G solenoid/Modulated Main Pressure Solenoid (2004-2009) are:

M6x1.0x50mm (PN: 24573779) x 11ea
M6x1.0x65mm (PN: 29537508) x 4ea

GM really, really loves these bolts ($$) and right now they're hard to come by just about anywhere. Plan accordingly (or at least stick the ones you pull out in a magnetic tray and place robot guards on them)

Reactions: SouthCo

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,484 Posts
Glad you found the numbers. I used that number and checked my lookup site and low and behold i had seen those but some of the other call outs used the same and couldn’t decipher between which goes through body and which ones dont. The diagram and descriptions are a little confusing.

Reactions: seamus

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you found the numbers. I used that number and checked my lookup site and low and behold i had seen those but some of the other call outs used the same and couldn’t decipher between which goes through body and which ones dont. The diagram and descriptions are a little confusing.
Yeah, it took me a while and comparing data from a few different sites before I finally narrowed it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts