Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with my trucks glow plugs taking longer than usual to warm up. I have a 2006 Silverado 6.6 LBZ and have found that they came with fast warming glow plugs. I live in Key West, FL and it does not get cold here so i should never even see my wait to start light. Every morning and if it sits for more than a few hours I have to wait almost a whole minute or more for the light to go out. It keeps throwing a #2 glow plug code but i have had it replaced and still the same issue. Could it possibly be the harness for the glow plugs? Average low temp lately has been 65.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you mean the "harness" to be the glow plug relay, yes, you could be on to something there. I am not aware of how to test the relay, but certainly there is some sort of voltage test that can be done to it. Search in the "911" section of the forum to see if there is anything in that, also, check with your local diesel repair shop for ideas.
--Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can pull the wire connector off the controller and shoot the wires to the plugs. Mine was doing the same thing when i had 6 bad glow plugs.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It keeps throwing a #2 glow plug code but i have had it replaced and still the same issue.
Did the shop know where #2 cylinder is?? Front driver side, Backward from all other GM engines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts