Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a ton of research with twin turbo kits (s475 over stock). From what I've been noticing from (in my opinion) the best fit kits out there for my needs from Screaming Diesel Performance, Hurion Speed Products, and EPR.

From all the pictures I've seen, all kits have t-bolt clamps and couplers. I'm trying to stay away from that style of linking pipes together. I know that the shop where I'm from, We have vibrant Vanjen clamps holding our 1500hp civic together. ([email protected])
Is there anything keeping the diesel world from doing this to our trucks twin turbo kits? I love the look of all the turbo/ intercooler/ charge piping being clamped with these clamps. So if Scott, Joe, Or Trent wants to chime in if love it!
Thanks

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
We have another option that we use instead of the Vibrant clamps, they work well! It is nice that they take place of the silicone boots, you cant v-band both connections on a pipe that needs some movement or you'll have issues!

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
I've ran that setup for 6,000+miles now and have yet to replace the standard o-rings, if one goes I'll find a replacement viton for the kit but so far I don't see a need. We've built a few kits like this with no silicone boots, even at the intercooler. I daily drive and tow a good amount without any issues, the truck is over 1000rwhp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Scott! I am trying to get a kit together that has zero couplers in the kit. So the entire kit would be Vanjen clamps for the cold side, and vband for the hot side. Does the Bullseye S475 come in a vband exhaust housing? Or is a t6 too big to mold into a vband.

And the best part about this whole thing, I'm just on the other side of the sound. So I'd be bringing the truck to you

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
I've got the Vanjen clamps in stock, but you'll have to take a look at the Billet pieces we have here that replace them (the Vanjen clamps are thin cast). We can get an option for a V-band SS turbine housing as well, we'd have to make a relatively custom kit to do it but its definitely something we can do!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Anything custom I'm all about. I wonder if there is any draw back into a vband exhaust housing compared to a t6 single scroll turbo, spooling wise. What is the billet style that you have in stock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts