Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a certified used 2008 silverado 2500 diesel. since owning the truck we have had issues with vibration beginning at 45 mph through 75 mph. Has been back to the dealership many times and they suggested new tires and rims. Did that, still vibration exists, though not as bad. The truck only has 59K miles on it. What else could be causing this? We have had the U joints checked and drive train by said dealership, but they say no problem found. We did discover today a worn out left rear shock. Do not hink that would cause that type of vibration.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
How much air pressure? Mine would vibrate with the stock setup of 60 psi up front and 70 psi in the rear. I changed my setup to run 55 psi all the way around and it took away the vibration. Just a thought.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
shocks? wheel hub?

you would be surprised what shocks can cause

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Bad tire or ball joint

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Georgia we tried that yesterday and it made an improvement but vibration was still there.
Just put on out of the box factory alloy 17" rims with Michelin 265 tires.
Left shock is shot. With truck on the rack and brought up to 45-50 left a le tube has definite vibration but the pumpkin does not. Looking more like probable bent axle. Frustrated with dealership for lack of effort in finding this source over the past 4 months. They will need to reimburse me for the independent mechanics who have looked at and collaborated on this. Bad taste in my mouth for the Auto Nation dealerships.
Thanks for all replies. Will check ball joints today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts