Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

vibration ONLY during acceleration

7K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  AxysAssault 
#1 ·
How's everyone doing, hope I got you all in a good place!! Here's my issue, when this vibration first started, it was only during an incline, a mountain or a good size hill. The vibration didn't get more intense but still there now during high acceleration, during freeway on ramps to gain speed, to pass a slow poke in the fast lane. Now I get it all the time, from a dead stop or tiring to pass...again only when I accelerate, does not vibrate when in idle, does not vibrate any other time, only during acceleration. I've check my wheels for loss weights, out of balance tire or separated tread...checked my driveline u joints or out of balance driveline itself. I want to see if I can resolve this before it gets too serious because I think that's where its headed. Thanks for you time and thoughts in advance.

#4 ·
like bly said, get under and grab hold of each place where you have U joints and center section and give a good jiggle wiggle up down all around. sounds like one of those joints may be coming apart, do it quickly before it possibly comes undone.

#5 ·
U-joint and/or center support bearing issue, by the sounds of it. Hard to tell if they are bad sometimes with the shaft in the truck. I’d get it fixed before you break the back of the trans off (very common on Duramax/Allison trucks).

#6 ·
U joints and center bearing if she’s a long bed

#7 ·
Google pictures of the aftermath of broken u-joints...... that'll get your ass under that truck. Lol

Sent from my google machine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.