Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody getting a wheel or driveline vibration when towing? Maybe the roads up here after the winter, but hooked a 24" enclosed trailer on and arounf 70 get weird vibration.

Thought it may be the trailer tires, but seem fine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have to had the trailer tires balanced? I'd check that. Back when I had a full time 4wd sub, when I towed I would get a driveline vibration from the front end due to the tounge weight pulling the rear down. Sucked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
had that ongoing turned out to be bad universal on the drive shaft,, when the extra weight of the trailer loaded the back end of the truck down the universal could not move properly and vibrated like hell

·
Registered
770 Posts
I had a similar problem with my cargo trailer. Except, the problem would go-away when the trailer was loaded. Shook when empty only. No visible tire problem, until I jacked-up the trailer and spun the wheel by hand. Then I could see that the tire was deformed due to failed belts. Anyway, the tires on the trailer may be worth a closer look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.