Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy LML 2500 4x4 bone stock CCLB summit white, air ride on board air, b&w gneck hitch
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I figured out y my truck has a vibration when I'm turned full left but dunno how it got this way or how to fix it. Any input is really appreciated. Here is a pic of the front right side. The left side looks good. Another dumb question. What is it that my tire is rubbing on?
Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system Rust Tire

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2016 Chevy LML 2500 4x4 bone stock CCLB summit white, air ride on board air, b&w gneck hitch
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. But y does the passenger side rub and my driver side don't? What could cause it and how should I go about fixing it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I'm not sure why one side rubs and one doesn't. Mine rubs on both sides a good bit. The fix would be to run a different wheel or a narrower tire setup.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O ok thanks for the input. That bugs me tho that one side rubs and the other side don't

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol. Yea. What's weird is I used to have the nitto trail grapplers on here before the mickeys. Same exact size and no rub

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess nobody knows how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've always heard that one tire actually leans out more when you turn than the other on GM vehicles so that's why it only rubs on one side! As far as how to fix it, some wheels with more backspacing or more of a negative offset would fix your problem. Then your gonna rub elsewhere but it'll stop it from rubbing on the swaybar :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thank u greydmax. Lets me feel better bout my tire rubbin

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wonder if your sway bar isn't perfectly centered either. It could be sitting in the bushings slightly more to one side than the other.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do I go bout fixing that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good question. You could try hitting it with a hammer but honestly I don't really know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd have to look at mine when I get home to have any idea

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
K thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I checked mine and I can't see a way to adjust it. Only other thing I can think of is have the alignment checked. There might be something off there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok thanks again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.