Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the VIN check seems to be slowing down or at a stand still. Is there somewhere I can go without paying for a carfax to see the history of my truck? Curious to see if injectors have been done, among any other history. Thanks!

Premium Member
It's done on a Volunteer Basis, when their personal time is available. Time consuming on their part, we are lucky to have anyone even try, IMO. Some helpful Forum Members in the past have had their jobs at risk over it.

You can check with your local Dealer, asking politely, they'll usually gift for free what info they have that was done at a Dealer. With the age of yours, they very well could have been replaced outside of the Dealer/Warranty.

Carfax is a joke. Their info obtained isn't verified as correct and many times lacking critical info that could potentially get you burned in the end. They advertise it as 'Gospel', but that couldn't be any farther from the truth.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's done on a Volunteer Basis, when their personal time is available. Time consuming on their part, we are lucky to have anyone even try, IMO. Some helpful Forum Members in the past have had their jobs at risk over it.

You can check with your local Dealer, asking politely, they'll usually gift for free what info they have that was done at a Dealer. With the age of yours, they very well could have been replaced outside of the Dealer/Warranty.

Carfax is a joke. Their info obtained isn't verified as correct and many times lacking critical info that could potentially get you burned in the end. They advertise it as 'Gospel', but that couldn't be any farther from the truth.
Gotcha, wasn't sure how it worked here compared to other forums. It isn't worth threatening someones job, I'd just like to know the history because I'm curious.

Ok I will check with the dealer. Could't really tell if they have been done yet.

Thanks for the info :neener

Registered
Pm me your vin# and I can check it for you.
I agree with hook'em, carfax is a joke.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My phone isn't letting me PM.

VIN: 1GCHK29163E179818

Registered
Vehicle Information
VIN: 1GCHK29163E179818 Model: CK25753-2003 SILVERADO 2500 EXT 4WD

I checked and no injectors replaced.

Here is what came up

Transfer Case Shift Control Module Reprogramming with SPS

Powertrain Control Module Replacement

Transfer Case Two/Four Wheel Drive Actuator Position Sensor Replacement

Inspect and Replace Tailgate Support Cables inc. Hinge Replacement if Necessary ==> this was the last thing done at 46679 Miles on 7/15/2005 at
DORR CHEVROLET, INC.
12400 MILAN RD
MILAN OH 44846-9539

Hope this helps. For some reason I can't copy and paste the whole history from the vin.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vehicle Information
VIN: 1GCHK29163E179818 Model: CK25753-2003 SILVERADO 2500 EXT 4WD

I checked and no injectors replaced.

Here is what came up

Transfer Case Shift Control Module Reprogramming with SPS

Powertrain Control Module Replacement

Transfer Case Two/Four Wheel Drive Actuator Position Sensor Replacement

Inspect and Replace Tailgate Support Cables inc. Hinge Replacement if Necessary ==> this was the last thing done at 46679 Miles on 7/15/2005 at
DORR CHEVROLET, INC.
12400 MILAN RD
MILAN OH 44846-9539

Hope this helps. For some reason I can't copy and paste the whole history from the vin.
So no records after 46k miles? Is that strange? Im almost to 175k now haha thanks for checking!

Registered
If someone does them theirselves no record or at a private shop no computer system can track that.

Registered

You could not be more right. Carfax showed my old truck was totaled and I had been driving it for 2 years! Waste of a web page that place is. And just bc they put the wrong crap on there it's your job to fix it. Had to call insurance get papers, go through 412 people and phone calls at carfax to get it fixed. Absolute crap

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I just have no clue if mine have been done yet, the valve cover didn't seemed to be disturbed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts