Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true if the eight number in the vin on a 04 2500 is a 2 then that means it has the lly motor in it. i looking at a 04 2500 crew cab and it has a 260000 and am just curious about that particular motor as in the goods and bads, also if 260,000 is to much as far as doing mild mods on like exhaust and intake and possibly tuner. I have tried reading on the lly's but not sure if this truck will have that motor or the lb7. PLEASE help totally new to the diesel world and really want this truck. thanks to all who replies

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k so the 8th number is a 2 so that would make it the lly. now is that still just as good as the lb7 or what, sorry to ask so much i am totally new and do not really no anyone that has a diesel period lol, so just want to know what to look for. was there any major probs with the lly besides injectors which i hope have been replaced already. thanks for the quick reply jonptr i appriciate that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
on the llys they made the injectors eaiser to change. (you dont have to pull the valve cover). i dont think thats to many miles. i have seen them with alot more than that on them. common problems are injector wiring harness at #2 and #7 injectors.. (easy fix) also a wiring harness that will rub by the alternator. Good chance both these issues are already fixed on that truck. also look into getting a lbz turbo mouthpiece as the factory one is a restriction

·
Registered
25 Posts
also the early llys have been known to overheat when under a load. do some searching on here about them... lots of good info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts