Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum so if this has already been dicussed sorry. I just pickedup a '07 GMC 2500 LBZ crew cab, srw. I want to get more hp, and mileage out of it but dont want to spend too much and dont want to void the new 100000 mile warranty. I have only been get about 12 mpg with it, its been pretty cold though lately, temp hasnt been above 15 in a while and had many days below zero. What mods would you recommend? Intake or any programmer? I want to make it loud so I was trying to stay away from an exhaust. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
How much r u willing 2 spend

With the temps down it will cut your fuel mileage by an average of 1 to 3 miles a gallon.On my 05 lly i put a cold air intake,ppe hot et 2 programmer and a turbo controller and went from getting 15.8 to best yet 22.8 mile a gallon on the average i get 18 to 19 thats on a dully.On my 06 lbz,it still has the stock air intake,ppe hot programmer and went from 17 to best yet 23.8 but i average around 19 to 20 that truck is 2500hd crew cab short bed
http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help Tow Master. I talked to my dealer the other day about what programmer I can get and not void the Factory Warranty. He sells the superships flashpaq and said he had very good luck with it on many other customers trucks. I ordered on the other day and am going to be picking it up today. Hope it increases my mileage like he says. Have you heard anything about the programmers or had any experience with it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Programmed my truck the other day with the Superchips Flash paq. I instantly could tell in had a lot more power. I only set it on the lowest setting so I am still able to tow with it. I cant wait to try the performance setting though. Just today I filled up the truck to see where the mileage went. I gained 2 mpg. The DIC said that it only went up .1 mpg. Quess I wont trust that anymore, it was reading right on.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 265/75/16's on it and I dont plan to go any bigger with them. But they definetly look much better than the stock 245's. The programmer only has 3 settings and they are not in horsepower. Its towing/towing-performance/performance. The highest I think I will ever have it is towing-performance so the tranny should be fine.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Hey Redgmc,

The DIC needs to be reset once in a while. If you don't it just stays the same and eventually keeps going down. Dad never reset his for about 3 months while we were in the fields and it said about 9 on his 05 lly. Granted that was pulling tanks and wagons. I reset everytime I fill up. Just for curiousity.

Hey Tyreboyz,

Which PPE programmer do ya have in the LBZ and what setting you running it on. I'm still in the debating mode about which programmer to get. Are you running Gauges with it?

Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
ryan
the ppe i have is the one above economy but to get good fuel economy i run on the 90hp setting,i don't have the gauges as of now but i'm looking into getting some...the reson i'm not worried is i have the 5" exhaust so my egt's aren't gonna be to high and the turbo is stock....i know i should have them....if you want some crazy power and smoke go with the ppe hot et 2 but don't put it above setting 4 unless you plan on upgradeing your stock tranny or buying a new tranny in the near future...watch this clip http://video.thedieselgarage.com/video/1ce15744-6fc3-4174-b809-986a011bb464.htm all that was done to the truck at the time was the ppe hot et 2,the egt's were hot i do mean really hot..
hope this helps

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Flashpaq from Superchips and I am very satisfied. Performance setting is too much for the trans though. Towing shifts perfect and Tow/Perf shifts are a little soft, but a good middle ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts