Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 Silverado 2500HD LTZ DCSB
225 Posts
so a unit that will do the job and do it well with a filter setup that does not interfere with the computer system or require reprogramming I'm going to do it
And I'm glad you did. The pics were great and look forward to hearing your experience with it.

· Registered
80 Posts
I installed the VSE setup on my 2018 last weekend. It is a super nice setup. Super easy install too, the hardest part for me was getting the electrical connector off.
I ordered up some replacement filters as well as I always carry spare. I opted for the DFB5814 instead of the P551313; exactly the same filter just with synthetic media and a little finer filtration.

This is the best aftermarket filter setup that has ever been offered for the Duramax platform. All the 'CAT' filter adapters both for the L5P and previous generations always left water separation on the table. Finally a company that makes a proper primary/secondary filter setup like any OTR truck or industrial engine uses.

Well worth the $600 price tag. Plus a factory TP1015 is $40.00 and P551313 is $15.00 and the P551329 is $13.00 for a total of $28.00. A $12.00 savings per change.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
With the single filter setups you just use the Donaldson with water filtration. Ran one for two years, no issues. The VSE is nice. Also running the 5814 here.

Reactions: blythkd1

· Registered
2021 Silverado 2500HD LTZ L5P
896 Posts
ok, did a regen while towing today speeds from stip and go traffic to 30 40 55 and some 70mph interstate time occasional flash blips to 63psi some to 57 psi. stayed at 60psi for the vast majority of the regen.

I have seen occasional non regen time spikes to 79 psi that last about 1/4 of a sec or so. just a flash.

ending number

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Tire Font

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
1,402 Posts
With the banks can you set alarms for the info shown, for example if the liftP pressure ever hit 90 it would alarm and tell you?

Reactions: Piper One

· Registered
2006 LBZ, 2009 LML, 2022 L5P. 1993 6.5 parked in the shed.
1,633 Posts
You can set alarms for any parameter in the iDash. I believe, fairly sure, you can set an alarm for a parameter even if you don't display it. I set one for oil pressure (full screen flashing) and am toying around with one for fuel rate as an economy coach.

• Helpful
Reactions: Satar

· Registered
1,402 Posts
Knowing that the factory filter according to mann has a differential rupture pressure of 90psi and the donaldson filters have a burst pressure of 90 psi that would be a worth while alarm setting especially if your came across extremely dirty fuel or more then likely had a gel event. Pressure breaks 90 replace filter asap. This also would depend on where the psi is read from or what caused the event.

· Registered
896 Posts
You can set alarms for any parameter in the iDash. I believe, fairly sure, you can set an alarm for a parameter even if you don't display it. I set one for oil pressure (full screen flashing) and am toying around with one for fuel rate as an economy coach.
Yes you can set alarms for non displayed pids.

That's probably a great one to set running oem filter or not

· Registered
2019 Silverado 2500HD L5P Crew Cab
588 Posts
I'm considering the VSE system, though am concerned about breaking those fuel disconnect clips/tabs and then having a nightmare on my hands. Does anyone know of a video or something that shows how those clips/tabs work?

· Registered
896 Posts
I'm considering the VSE system, though am concerned about breaking those fuel disconnect clips/tabs and then having a nightmare on my hands. Does anyone know of a video or something that shows how those clips/tabs work?
I couldn't find a good video. post #7 in this thread I outlined how I did it. it isn't that hard once you understand how the tabs work. what makes it hard is trying to go too fast. you would really have to try hard to break them intentionally.

it was harder getting the electrical connector off because of the lack of space.

· Registered
1,402 Posts

· Registered
1,402 Posts
I couldn't find a good video. post #7 in this thread I outlined how I did it. it isn't that hard once you understand how the tabs work. what makes it hard is trying to go too fast. you would really have to try hard to break them intentionally.

it was harder getting the electrical connector off because of the lack of space.
took a quick look online, not much info out there. This guy doesn't show it because of trying to hold the camera but describes it pretty well around the 8-9 minute mark

Fleece Performance L5P Fuel Filter Install - YouTube

· Registered
1,402 Posts
Reactions: 77cruiser

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Is this the fuel line connector at approximately 6:30 minutes?

Not sure my cut and paste is up to snuff??

· Premium Member
187 Posts
The white clip looks like it might be a little bit different?

· Registered
1,403 Posts
The tabs on ours are about a third of the size. Just slightly push the connector forward on the line and push the tabs on the back. You can then pull the locking part slightly out till it clicks and remove the line.

I initially mounted the vse without the lines attached but it's considerably larger than the single fleece or bmp and I didn't feel comfortable trying to put too much force on the line for the fuel input side. Removed it , attached the lines and remounted.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts