Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a few up of the LB7 so i just finished a VVT turbine housing today so here are a few pics of those.

Attachments

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Looks awesome Freddy. Where are the ones of the LB7? I can't find them.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
what does getting this done help ?

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
do you have the before pics?

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya ill get some before pics tonight. got another VVT sitting here. ill get some more of the LB7 today, im going to finish up one of those. there is alot of material i take out of both. its a huge huge difference.

as for what it helps, it helps spoolup and drive pressure aswell and flowing more air really but thats where the drive pressure drop is from. im not going to lie it takes alot of time to port them out but it well worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok here are some more from the stock housing to look at.

Attachments

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Did you do any measuring to see what they started at and what you where able to port them out too like you did on the LB7 ones?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey where is your shop in fargo and do you do any good MP machining

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you do any measuring to see what they started at and what you where able to port them out too like you did on the LB7 ones?
well the openings are out from 1.75 to 2 inches like the IHI's. on the inside its larger then 2 inches all the way into the bottom of the turbine housing.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey where is your shop in fargo and do you do any good MP machining
i work out of the epic solutions/airsafe hitch shop (i work for epic and tim just lets me use the shop). as for the mouthpiece machining. the LB7;s ya i do all of those. LLY your better off just getting a LBZ mouthpiece.

·
Registered
266 Posts
okay cool. I did the mod already but not sure how good it is haha. we have a die grinder but i didnt want to screw anything up too bad

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay cool. I did the mod already but not sure how good it is haha. we have a die grinder but i didnt want to screw anything up too bad
really for 100 bucks id upgrade to the LBZ one in the future. its way bigger then even a modded LLY one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts