Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
361 - 380 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Well, since this is the Washington BS thread, I thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone is interested.

I need to have 4 large trees cut down in the Chehalis area. I don't know if they're fir or pine. Don't judge me because I don't know my trees!

Anyways, any loggers or individuals that want a lot of wood interested? I'm not really sure if this something I should pay for, or if this is something that I should get paid for. I mean, it's 4 large trees.

Thoughts, offers, or advice?
Are they near any structures?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
You should get paid for the trees. If you call a local logging company, they can give you an idea of how much.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are they near any structures?
Yes, the house is 20-30 feet away from all 4 of them.

You should get paid for the trees. If you call a local logging company, they can give you an idea of how much.
Outstanding, I will look up some of the local logging companies and give them a call later this week.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Is there room to fall them away from house full length? If not gonna cost quite a bit to top and take down in sections.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
An experience timber faller will have no problem dumping them full length.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
You'll have to deal with the stumps though. Good time to have some fun with the truck...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Shouldn't have any problem at all finding a faller in Chehalis lol

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
I would hot up, harbor saw and supply. Fred Lennox owns it, I'm buddies with his sons, so maybe could point you in the right direction as far as someone who does side work like that.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
I would hot up, harbor saw and supply. Fred Lennox owns it, I'm buddies with his sons, so maybe could point you in the right direction as far as someone who does side work like that.
Hit up . Damn fat fingers little keyboard.lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would appreciate it much. Honestly, I'm just looking at what costs me the least or pays me the most. 4 big Fir trees, need em gone.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
How tall are they? How big at the butt?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't remember off the top of my head, but I know they are at least 2-1/2 to 3 feet in diameter and 40 feet tall. I might be significantly under-sizing them though. I will have a better idea tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Don't remember off the top of my head, but I know they are at least 2-1/2 to 3 feet in diameter and 40 feet tall. I might be significantly under-sizing them though. I will have a better idea tonight or tomorrow.
I thought you might say 100 feet.lol. 40 feet.. Hell if I lived closer I would come down with some buddies from Aberdeen and fall them for free.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I thought you might say 100 feet.lol. 40 feet.. Hell if I lived closer I would come down with some buddies from Aberdeen and fall them for free.
Haha, sorry, I'm going off of memory. I haven't been down to the house in two weeks. I honestly think they're probably 60-70 feet, but I did not want to exaggerate.

I'll post up again tonight when I get a better look.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Sounds good bud

·
Registered
507 Posts
Gotta be well over 40' if they're 3' in diameter. Either way, if they're straight up and down and not leaning towards the house you should be able to find somebody to drop them for pretty cheap... If you need some names let me know, I was born and raised in Chehalis and can reach out to some folks if it'll help.

My dad uses Greg Jones exclusively for all timber projects, might call him but you could prob find somebody cheaper given the size of the job

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok, sorry for the delayed response. So 3 of the Fir trees are about 22-24 inch diameter and roughly 60 feet tall. The 4th is about 28 inches in diameter and 70 feet tall.

They are not leaning and there is a clean fall path. However, they are within 20-30 feet to the house.

Any takers or good contacts? Hoping to get this done for free.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
Bacho. Did you say Chehalis?

361 - 380 of 384 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.