Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Does it meet the minimum standards for Def in the owners manual?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Walmart didn't make it, they just do the marketing.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
I stick to buying from a pump when ever possible. A truck stop preferably. Where the stuff doesn't just sit on the selfs.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree with Chevor. Although, I deleted mine before I had to refill it for the first time.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone ever use Walmart Supertech DEF? I saw it at Walmart for $8.64 for a 2.5 gallon container.
I dont know for sure if its good or bad,
but for the amount thease trucks use its worth it to stick with a high quality DEF. No one needs poor quality DEF warnings and problems.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Unlike oils, all def is made to the same ISO standard.

Container or packaging probably will say who manufactured/packaged for Walmart.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
So it should be safe for the most part huh

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
i used strictly BlueDef or the equivilent from the pump. No error codes, nothing. I do drive enough so that it was never in the tank very ling but in general those are solid safe and reputable options. AC Delco from the dealer is great but $$$

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Before I was deleted I always used blue def brand. I know the guy at our local auto store so as soon as it would come in i would get it. I make a lot of short trips and not much highway driving and never had any problems with def. Just always check the date no matter where you get it.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Things sit on the shelf at Wally World???

My local WM only carries Blue Def. $12 for 2.5gal

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Truck stop DEF pumps. $2.69 a gal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked the bottle and couldn't find any other company on it besides Walmart. The bottle also says it's American Petroleum institute Certified Diesel exhaust fluid. It also says OEM approved on all SCR equipped engines. It also says made in the USA. For whatever all that means.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I checked the bottle and couldn't find any other company on it besides Walmart. The bottle also says it's American Petroleum institute Certified Diesel exhaust fluid. It also says OEM approved on all SCR equipped engines. It also says made in the USA. For whatever all that means.
Store brand products will not have the manufacturing company listed on the packages. There should be a lot number and code on the package that could be decoded by the corporate purchasing department of Walmart (no one in the store will have this ability). Stores like Walmart have products made to provide a value conscious alternative to national brands, and the manufacturer of those products may change at any time to keep costs inline. The package will list what certifications the product has and you can compare with others of the same certification. I would almost guarantee that it is the same quality as any major-brand DEF like BlueDEF.

·
Registered
26 Posts
look at this at Wal-Mart and could not find a date on it. How do you tell if it old or new?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The date should be in code.

I cannot locate an MSDS sheet on Super Tech DEF through Wal-Mart and I cannot locate the stuff online. Anyone have a UPC code?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.