Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall i jus bout a 2004 duramax lt 6.6 ... my first.. and im wuntin a loud rumble... i wun to be asked to turny truck off when comin thru a drive thru. i wun heads to turn when i drive down the road. and ive heard sum AMAZING whistle in sum videos and im quite jealous... how do you get it to do that?? my truck is extremely quite!

*gogetum*

·
Registered
746 Posts
Remove your exhaust at the down pipe... That should get you what your looking for :thumb

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Before you do any of that please go take middle school English lol it the sound is all from the tuner run a 3" down pipe 4"straight pipe and get korys tuning package

Reactions: pwrjnky

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i simply type how i talk. i apologize if you do not like it. however, i really do not care what other people think about the way i am. i am only here to get some advice on my truck; not to make friends. so thank you. i am not trying to start any problems with you. just let me be me and ill let you be you. its that easy.

*gogetum*

·
Most Known Unknown
29,729 Posts
Just messing with ya OP :D

Simple deletes with maybe 5" exhaust would be the best IMO

When I upgraded my intake, got 5" exhaust with a tune it sounded GREAT!

Now I'm on the mission to get twins :D

But remember, sitting in a drive through idling wont have a loud whistle until you get on it, and all your rumble would be coming out the tailpipe not by the speaker

Some of those old dodges and fords are just loud to begin with hahha

·
Registered
498 Posts
Better to type normal English to receive a proper response on your questions
You sound like a gangster lol, leave that for your friends
Welcome to DF

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it takes me forever to correctly type every word out. i dont live on my phone like 95% of the world. however since you were respectful i will accept your guidance. and yes i know its not coming out by the speaker lol but i figured you would be able to understand my desire without keeping it in context. and im not going to lie i have no clue what half of everything on this forum is. im very new to this. and am goin to take college courses on diesel engines when i get outta the military. but i will take what yall say and then research the specifics.

*gogetum*

·
Registered
498 Posts
it takes me forever to correctly type every word out. i dont live on my phone like 95% of the world. however since you were respectful i will accept your guidance. and yes i know its not coming out by the speaker lol but i figured you would be able to understand my desire without keeping it in context. and im not going to lie i have no clue what half of everything on this forum is. im very new to this. and am goin to take college courses on diesel engines when i get outta the military. but i will take what yall say and then research the specifics.

*gogetum*
Lol , no problem bud
I'm here to learn also

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10,681 Posts

*gogetum*
don't explain yourself to the ones that want to :poke[1]: at you.

To get what you want you can straight pipe the trucks exhaust, larger the pipe the louder it all can be, remove the muffler and cat, remove cat and add a louder performance muffler, get an efi live tune with rumble built into the tune, aftermarket down pipe, aftermarket turbo, aftermarket intake.

Lots to do

Welcome

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I just put MagnaFlow downpipe and a S&B cai on mine and it sounds great. Well to me anyway, neighbors might not like it. It's a 05 lly.

P.S. I already had a 5" exhaust with 6" tip. I would recommend not going bigger then 6" tip, 6" is about as big as you can go without looking rediculous....my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
277 Posts
juz kut da muff off da truk n u gud 2 go yo

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Any strait pipe will scream just like this whoooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaa 😏

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I suppose you wanna roll some coal with that whistle! Might as well get a dodge. If u wunt 2 b axed 2 turn off ur truck at duh drive threw jus cut a hole in duh hood and cum strait off duh turbo wit duh xhast and mash duh hell out of it when dey start 2 take ur order. You just keep on keeping on

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,778 Posts
Straight pipe side exhaust and a bigger turbo( for the whistle)

My LB7 gets axed to shut off in da drive thru

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Straight pipe for the noise, S400 turbo for the whistle...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts