Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used k&n cold air system for my 2002 2500hd. The filter was kind of beat so I thought that I would replace it with a new one. Should I replace it with another k&n or what other brand? Dry or wet filter? Any help would be great and any part numbers would be even better. Thanks

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
a lot of guys like the s&b filters, it's what I'm planning on running. The afe pieces are nice as well.

You're going to want a dry filter. The oil from the wet filters has been known to (not all the time) cause issues with the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You say that a dry filter is best. Does any one make a reusable dry filter? What is the difference between the K&N brand and S&B? K&N seem to be a more know company, they are sold in most auto parts place around me. I had never heard of S&B before.

·
Vendor
10,959 Posts
You say that a dry filter is best. Does any one make a reusable dry filter? What is the difference between the K&N brand and S&B? K&N seem to be a more know company, they are sold in most auto parts place around me. I had never heard of S&B before.
AMSOIL makes a universal replacement for most of the K&Ns that are a dry synthetic nanofiber that are good for 100k miles or 4 yrs. Onlyl requires a cleaning every 25k or so with a vaccum or low pressure air.

If I can help you find the right one for your truck, please let me know

·
Registered
93 Posts
AMSOIL makes a universal replacement for most of the K&Ns that are a dry synthetic nanofiber that are good for 100k miles or 4 yrs. Onlyl requires a cleaning every 25k or so with a vaccum or low pressure air.

If I can help you find the right one for your truck, please let me know

Could you help me find the right one for my truck? I have a 2005 lly with a K&n intake part number: 57-3057

1 - 6 of 6 Posts