Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday at lunch my 2010 lmm decided to give me a bunch of warning lights at once. The ABS light, Check Trailer Brake System, Check Traction Control, and Check Stabiltrak all came on at the same time and have stayed on. I am thinking it could be a bad Wheel Speed Sensor. Has anyone else had this happen or heard of it? I am going to work on it this weekend, but would like to have some opinions on where to start.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Yeah, it has come up on mine a few times. Wheel speed sensor fault was the cause on mine. The worse thing about it is if your pulling a trailer it causes the truck to cut power to the trailer brakes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it has come up on mine a few times. Wheel speed sensor fault was the cause on mine. The worse thing about it is if your pulling a trailer it causes the truck to cut power to the trailer brakes.
How where you able to determine which one it was? Will a scan tool pin point it? Also, once it started did you replace it immediately, or was it a random electrical fault that would come up then go away?

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Well payed for the dealer to replace the whole wheel hub. I think they read those codes that are not engine related with a tech 2 programmer.

The fault has come up hitting a deep pothole, or while braking hard.

usually shutting the truck off and waiting a few minutes sometimes gets the code to reset.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. Turned out it was a RF wheel speed sensor. Will do the fix myself this week on my day off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to go replace the wheel speed sensor and it turns out the whole hub had a ton of play in it. Thus, I just replaced the whole thing while i was in there. Noticed a 2 mpg gain after the fix. so that bearing must of been in bad shape for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts