Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first Chevy pickup. I have been a long time Cummins guy that got sick of the transmission failures and the lack luxury in the cab. I found a 07 LBZ, LTZ w/ 47K miles on it that was too good to pass up. It seems it was owned by an elderly couple b/c the name on the title was Velma something. So I was pretty excited to find out these folks probably were not hard on the truck.

Anyway I was wondering some of you guys thoughts on a after market extended warranty. There are a bunch of companies that offer such services, but I would imagine the level of service and coverage vary company to company. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Opinions vary, but I'd pass on the warranty.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I would pass. Question to ask any warranty company is if they cover diagnostics. Most don't and that can be pricey.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I have been told it is better to put that money you would have paid 4 the warranty in the bank and let it sit. Most aftermarket warranties suck and/or you have to fight with them when it comes time to make a claim.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would pass put the money in bank as ob_1jr said and if you wanted to add 50.00 a month to it at the end of a couple of years you'll have money to go on a nice vacation. I had one and every thing i tried to collect on they gave me such a hassel it was crazy only had two items and paid for them myself anyhow, these trucks don't have many problems and if you are even a half assed mech you can fix them!:gearjamin

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is why I asked. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i dotn know what company my buddy went with, but all they did was take his money adn didnt want to cover his trans when it went out.

they gave him some speech about you take it to a shop of your choice, we pay for all parts and labor chit. They then tred to tell him a shop they had to let check out the truck before, he would have to pay for this then after they decided what it was they would remimbruse him his out of pocket expensive.

I wouldnt do it, ut thats just me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts