Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1041 - 1055 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I have browsed this site regularly in the past, just signed up. My family and I live in the Tacoma area.

2006 LBZ long bed dually 3500. My website at LbzDually - Purdy Great Life has some photos and a list of ongoing upgrades.
Welcome. I'm the Tacoma area.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reactions: purdytj

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I have browsed this site regularly in the past, just signed up. My family and I live in the Tacoma area.
2006 LBZ long bed dually 3500. My website at LbzDually - Purdy Great Life has some photos and a list of ongoing upgrades.
Welcome! I grew up in Tacoma - live in Thurston County now (Olympia address). We spend a lot of time in the Purdy/Allyn area too. Looks like our trucks are pretty similar.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome purdytj !

I'm out in Purdy campingguy....... I'll have to go back through this thread and see if I recognized your truck

02 gmc sierra 2500hd crew cab short bed
3" zone kit
285/70/17 nitto Terra Grapplers
17x9 Raceline 930's
S&B intake
3" turbo horn
PPE boost valve
MBRP 3" downpipe
MBRP 4" exhaust
boost auto tow mirrors (dual function) Edge CTS2 with EAS EGT probe
LED conversion
Fass 90

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wenatchee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
First time post here.so Hello!

I am in Tacoma and needing a place to do my fluids, plugs, injector, Style tune up. Love Bargains and Coupons hate dealers with up charging.

All the big auto centers are gone so having some trouble getting the best deal on this work. I hate learning the hard way.
Any recommendations you already know what i am looking for... Thank you
i am a great appreciator of Forums they have always been my go to for my motorcycle and my truck.and amongst the knowledgeable you can always find something good in my experience.

2002 Silverado 2500HD LT, Duramax 4wd long bed
Stock supension
BFG KO2 275/65/17x9
Currently getting the BD diesel steering kit upgrade put along with the idler and pitman arms.
What are your plugs?

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Come on Russ you've heard of diesel spark plugs.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Since you answered a question with a question puzzle me this... If your so bright did you know that sometimes it doesn't take a spark for a plug to glow in the dark.... My favorite plugs are usually for my advertisers... but usually it never sparks anything...

Just for you... points for being more useful than the ashtray on the underside of a skateboard... is this hazing
Look mom and dad I made my 2nd post on the duramax forum! Lol

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
If he's having LB7 injectors and the rest done by someone else it will cost more than the truck is worth. I hope he's at least doing SACs so he doesn't have to do it again next year. But he seems to think he knows more than we do so ok.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Yes sorry guys my bad... they must have turned this into the nursery section.. I will go look for adults now who actually can talk best tune up shops and maintenance work with good people and good prices. Please do not handle this post I don't want sticky finger prints all over it from all the candy you been eating ... it is all good
So you don't really want advice. Since I have owned an LB7 since new I actually know them very well. But according to you I am a baby in my 60s. And if you pay to have all that work done it will cost you more than the truck is worth. And if you use stock injectors you will do it again in a couple years. Been there done that before the SACs were available. Bosch had a good idea for the tips on LB7 injectors but it didn't work out. SACs change to standard tips and are as trouble free as the newer ones. And if you have any skills you can do it yourself. It's not that hard.

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

1041 - 1055 of 1055 Posts