Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a rainstorm yesterday, the headliner was wet in both rear corners. The third break light also had condensation in it, so I'm 98% sure its the break light and not the sunroof. I tried to order a gasket from the dealer but they tell me they don't make one. Is there some kind of silicone I could put on to seal it a little better?

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
my 3rd brake light always has condensation too, i dont have a sun roof or the marker lights but i'll check for wet spots and chime in later.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sounds like moonroof gasket seal to me, I had the same issue. Get inside the truck and have someone spray hard water pressure all around the edges of the moonroof paying close attention to the rear and front corners as to wether or not it leaks. Once mine was replaced I can high pressure wash it now with nothing coming in. Mine was wet in the rear corners as well.

Good Luck, Larry

·
Registered
23 Posts
3m beding compond is what u want to use on the 3rd brake light where the foam gasket is. make sure the drain tube on ur sunroof are clear of anything blocking them. Im just gusseing but im sure its the sunroof leaking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same issue with my headliner being wet after heavy rainstorm. It turned out it was leaking in from the top of my rear window at the cab boints. Dealer sealed it up no problems since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts