Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last week every time is rains my truck says theres water in the fuel. Only happens in the mornig. I drove my truck 250 miles yesterday and this mornig is said that there was water in fuel. Can it be that the water minder is bad? any help thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you open the valve on the bottom of the filter and drain it out? Possibly there is water in there, just enough to sometimes trigger the sensor and sometimes not.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta do that everymornig.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gotta do that everymornig.
Are you getting some water out every morning??? If so, you need to find a new place to get fuel. NO WAY should you be getting ANYWHERE NEAR that much water in your fuel.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
in the morning before you start it, drain filter into a glass. see if there's water. if so, put some drygas in tank and find anew place to buy fuel.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been getting fuel at the same spot for 3 years now. The last tank though was a differnt gas station but same company. I drained it this morning in a glass and I'll check it when I get home. Where can I get the drygas at?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
any parts store should have it. Isopropanol, not methanol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wouldn't use dry gas it makes your engine burn the water, injectors will implode! use lots of addative that makes the water colese{spelled wrong} then the filter will catch the water.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I wouldn't use dry gas it makes your engine burn the water, injectors will implode! .
Please elaborate. :confused: How can it make them collapse on themselves? Isopropanol will mix with the water, thus making it combustible. Implode would make it such negative pressusure that the crankcase pressure would cause the injector body to collapse. I'm not an engineer, but I would say the plastic oil cap would blow off before a cast iron injector body would collapse. But hey, I've only been doing this for 20-25 years. What the hell would I know?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can some one shot me a price on the water in fuel sensor.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Try some Power Service fuel cond. Its real good at dispersing water. (white bottle,not grey). Had a 7.3 ford that had water in tank problem, this stuff really worked. Tried it in a cup when I got home,(mixed a little water with diesel), will blend the water with the fuel,filter should then get most.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have been using Racor Fuel Conditioner Plus.............I hear Opti Lube XPD is best.
Good thing about Power Service......WalMart carries it right ?

http://www.powerservice.com/dfs/

·
Registered
838 Posts
walmart- autozone- oreillys, all carry it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sorry mabe used wrong word the tips of injectors cavitate anotherwords break off thus ruining them when water goes through them water should be stoped in filter not burned in a diesel!

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
When water is injected into a hot cylinder, it trurns to instant steam and expands fast-- that may explode and damage the end of the injector. :eek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a fass fuel pump on my truck and I just changed both filters on the Fass, and changed the factory fuel filter last night. This morning when I started my truck, the light "Water in Fuel" came on. Is there a reset for this? I doubt I actually have water in the fuel as I fill up every other day because I drive so much and I always get fuel from the same truck stop. I have never seen this light before and it seems odd to come on after I have all 3 new filters. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Fuelup somewhere else if that is an option.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts