Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a water leak when it rains or I wash the truck that rubs down the drivers side pillar, on the fuse block then onto the Emergency brake pedal to the floor. Now my WiFi does not work properly and connect to the My GMC App on the touch screen even though it says it has full bars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry forgot to include truck
2019 GMC Sierra 3500hd Diesel SLT

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I remember correctly it’s the antenna seal on the roof leaking allowing water in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bring it to dealer. I had a water leak on my passenger side. Ended up being the windshield and a body seam on the roof. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
I have a water leak when it rains or I wash the truck that rubs down the drivers side pillar, on the fuse block then onto the Emergency brake pedal to the floor. Now my WiFi does not work properly and connect to the My GMC App on the touch screen even though it says it has full bars.
I've got a 16 model and have had the same leak. My GPS doesn't work now either. I put a bead of silicone all around the antenna and the leak quit. (I don't have time to go to dealer right now)

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was a seam that was not welded the hole way on the drivers side post.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had that exact same thing on my 17 this summer. It was shark fin antenna and the seam gone. Took it to the dealer and they yanked it. Had enough moisture in there it started rusting the mount lag on the antenna but nothing on the truck. Got it replaced under warranty

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have a sunroof check the drains. They could be plugged and leaking down or they could be a leaking drain. It’s a long shot but something to look at if you’ve got a sunroof

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.