Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I'm in the process of researching now. I don't have my duramax quite yet. But was planning on buying an edge evolution as my tuner. Until I learned about water/meth injection.

Can I still use water/meth with an edge evolution? I've read you can but it's not good.

If I can't, what tuner do you guys recommend to use with water/meth? I know nothing about tuning.

My mods wont go any farther than deleting DPF, air intake, down pipe, egr delete, water/meth, and then some type of tune. The water/meth will probably be one of last mods

·
Registered
808 Posts
i would just go efi live and a set of gauges or an edge insight. best way to go by far.

·
Registered
808 Posts
hey chris i see your in abilene. hows the diesel scene over there? i was debating going down there one weekend or something since its not so far from me and i got a few friends that go to ACU and McMurry

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well it kinda sucks IMO we tried to start a club but everybody thats in it dont really love fiesels... They just drive 'em... And im the only one that showed up in a dmax lol but there is a few that are really into it but hell let me know it you come down and ill try to round some ppl up.. I was just in lubbock this past saturday, looks like a lot more diesel there than here

·
Registered
808 Posts
oh hell yeah! theres a crap load of duramax's up here at tech. not many that are super modded up but just the canned tuner stuff. but there are the cummins and strokers. the cummins don't seem really modded up but the strokers seem like there laying down some power just haven't had the chance to see what they got or talk to them. i did have to change that dsp switch a few times to show off a little :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I seen a white dodge there that reminded me of my old dodge had black wheels and black stacks I wanted to show off a little but I was on my mileage tune and it didnt have much pep lol

Oh and sorry barry for derailing your thread but id like to add water/meth ad well but if you would fill out your sig ppl will be able to help you out more

·
Registered
808 Posts
yep.... he goes to tech. doesn't have much to it from what I've seen. but yeah man next time your up here give me a shout. or if i go down there ill let you know.

Yeah Barry sorry about jacking your thread, I'm not so much the guy for water/meth but everyone i know who runs it, runs it with EFI. let me see if i can get a hold of a guy back home whose on this thread all the time. he runs water meth on his LB7 and knows a lot about it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'll be running it on an lmm. And I'll look into the edge insight. Haven't researched that one any. I just don't think I want to spend the money on efi live. Plus I think that might be over my head. I don't know where to go to get tunes

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just talk to rob or someone like that. They can help you out with just about anything

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see what you guys are saying now. I think I may could go with efi live. I like how rob will take the info of my truck and then program according to it. So I will then have five tunes that I can control. And then with efi live if I ever get serious I can work on the tunes myself. Or upload other tunes from a library. Then I'll use an insight to monitor everything. Looks like there's alot of add ons for the insight. And I can monitor boost pressure with an optional probe. Which I'll need to do for meth/water. And I can just go with the cheaper stage 2 kit from snow since I won't need their unit to monitor boost pressure.

Where do you guys recommend to go for a tune library?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
808 Posts
exactly! thats my set up and insight with efi. but i have a guy here at home whose been building me tunes.

i hear punisher performance is putting together a tune library thats gonna be pretty good but honestly I'm not sure. it all depends what your looking for, once again id talk to rob. he will get you all set up with no problems and if you have problems he will get them straightened out for you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts