Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ran the snow stage 2 water meth in my 03 cummins and it worked well with the 50/50 mix and smarty tune... was good for 45hp on the dyno...maxed my cummins at 650hp..... ran it on my 03 for 6.0...... was a built motor inside and out, just didn't work well on the ford........ so I was wanting to maybe run it on my duramax..... what do you guys think.... it would be a stage 2 with 50/50 mix and only be ran on the dyno or for cooling when towing...... whats the word on it..... I am not set on running it just want to hear from you guys with the d-max........

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Bump to the top

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should change the title to LBZ....... I thought i had a LLY but found out different today... Awsome..... any ways I will stay away from the meth.............

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
this dude in my town runs a snow kit,on his 05 lly..runs mid 13s and its sick lol

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya, loved it on my cummins and would run it on one again...hated it on my ford..... but thats a ford.... so I am keeping the kit off for now... I have a stage 2 for it but will wait......

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
It's a decent way to get a little hp. Just be sure to let your tuner know becuase meth advances timing and could give you some nice rattle if the tune isn't set up for it. It's best to only use distiller water with it. And also 50/50 is a little much. Most guys run around 30/70.

My question is why though? Are you haveing egt issues? I can understand if you were running a max effort stock turbo tune but at your level much much more power is available with just tuning modifications. Plus much more hp and your stock trans will not be happy

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was a thought for extra hp on the dyno........ and i won't have a stock tranny for long

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
it was a thought for extra hp on the dyno........ and i won't have a stock tranny for long
I wouldn't worry about it just yet man. If you need a little more power fo the dyno I would just get a more powerful tune. It will be easier/cheaper/safer. Once you got your factory maxed out then i would start lookin into drugs for a little boost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts