Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about getting water meth lately.

Heres a couple questions though for the guys that have ran it.
How long does it last before you need to fill it up say if i had a 1 gallon tank?

How much did yall have to reduce injection timing?

What kit are most of you running?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
labonte, depends on how hard you run it, and what boost you have it set to inject at. 1 gallon tank wont last very long at all, do you plan on having it on a switch? or constantly turned on to inject everytime you hit the certain boost?

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
How often you have to fill the tank will depend on the size of the nozzles, how many nozzles and the amount of pressure at the pump. Also, how often you get on it hard enough for it to kick in. I could go a month or two without having to refill my 1.5 gallon tank.

I used AIS(alcohol injection systems) kit, it was nice because the 1.5 gallon tank with the pump mounted to it fit perfect under the passenger side rear seat. I had 2 nozzles and noticed some lower EGT's and slightly more power.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
When I ran mist on my old car, I tapped into the windshield wiper fluid reservoir, I'm wondering why more people don't do that here? I ran -20 fluid, and it worked great.

I ran Aquamist

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was planning on using the washer reservoir too. It would be nice to have it tell me when its getting low.

IDK I'm just throwing around the idea here, I'm pretty far in the dark about water meth. I've never ran it in anything and don't know anybody with it. Just kinda wondering

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
I used the washer tank, and ditched it, it didnt last for a hour. I ran the labonte kit, twin 625cc's, and went through 12 gallons of water in 200 miles :D My egt's were cool :rof

When I ran above 50/50 mix I would get a bit of timing rattle. Under high rpm and low boost fueling wit meth on, I would pour white smoke out lol It's a fun power adder but can bit you anytime, but it cleans super well.

on my tow tune (385rwhp #2) + 30/70 mix I was right at 500 even

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Nice to know I'm not crazy!

That Labonte kit looks pretty awesome.

lowers EGT's, and helps on carbon/soot buildup.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
yea 50/50 can be interesting, my buddies 6.0 PSD was running 50/50 just experimenting with it, hes got built trans injectors, arp's and all, running erics tuning from innovative, and you know they advance their timing a bit, think it stretched a stud but he just blew is head gasket

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most that I'm looking at have a kit for <25psi boost, and >25psi.

Well I'm at 25 right now lol so I'd say I'd be about 33 hopefully when I get my trans fixed...

Anybody know any vendors that sell Labonte? I'd like to find out about a cheaper price, seems everyone sells Snow only.

What happened to the waterboy? I jsut checked out ATS' site and couldn't find it?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I believe Tyler and MPF carry it, unless maybe he just runs it.... But i think they sell it to

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
cool man, keep the thread alive once you decide on what you get. too many good threads die out before all the good info is out there.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea wonder how much more stress it will put on my engine. ITs a stock LBZ running a max effort tune. I would guess I would probably run about 30/70 or even jsut straight water. But I'm sure I would turn it up to 50/50 from time to time. Could this be my breaking point? hmm I'd sure hate to break something

·
Registered
639 Posts
gettin my kit installed today!! any suggestions on what mix to run to avoid too much timing?? ill keep u guys posted on how it runs

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts