Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm stuck!! My truck started leaking coolant this weekend, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out where from! I spent hours in a small town trying to find a shop to look at it, but they were all closed. 3 hours and 34liters of water later, I made it back to my shop to find out that it was coming from my water pump. No problem until I got it out (Holy Crap, what a pain in the ass!!) Took the impeller of the housing and... well here is a picture!

I've called all the autoparts stores, and the dealers around here, but nobody seems to make anything! Apparently they are not suposed to wear out! I need help :help

·
Registered
253 Posts
try gmpartsdirect.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the fab shop nextdoor trying to repair it. It can't hurt, the thing is toast anyways:) Apparently there is the possibility of getting one from GM. It is a direct ship from the US. The guy I talked to however wasn't sure what he was doing. The Parts manager is looking into it for me right now. The down side is it is like 2 weeks away! Has anyone else had this problem, and successfully repaired the damaged one?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got the fab shop nextdoor trying to repair it. It can't hurt, the thing is toast anyways:) Apparently there is the possibility of getting one from GM. It is a direct ship from the US. The guy I talked to however wasn't sure what he was doing. The Parts manager is looking into it for me right now. The down side is it is like 2 weeks away! Has anyone else had this problem, and successfully repaired the damaged one?
For as big of a PITA that job is, replace it man. Dont obama rig it...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have seen a couple of them like that if it was me id just put it back together like it is

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
well after a closer look tho i dont no that one is pretty bad

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have had one like that before just not that bad I put it back in. I think a fab shop should be able to fix it for you I'm sure gm wants your first born for it lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pit actually goes right through th case (you can see the hole). The fab shop did a pretty good job (No Charge:) but he suggested no using it as there are probably more pits that will show their ugly faces soon.

A buddy of mine works for GM and they were able to find one. $120.00 plus shipping direct from the factory. Should be here Friday. Thanks for the tips everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts