Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Kennedy dual lift with his Mega filter. This set up pushes the fuel through both the stock filter and the Baldwin "Mega" filter. All the reading I have done seems to say that pushing fuel through the water separators is not the proper way. Is this going to be an issue or can I stop worrying about it.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
There's a recent discussion on all of this, might wanna use the advanced search.
Filter mfrs say it's most efficient when pulling, based on the pump's tendency to emulsify any water in the mix if it's 1st in line. Others claim the centrifugal pump (JK) doesn't emulsify and you'll burn the pump up pulling it thru the FWS.

My kit pulls thru the FWS for 'bout 30k gallons now....... and Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself. :rofl

Premium Member
My Kennedy sits right between the water separator and fuel filter. WS first. I just always read it鈥檚 best to pull through one. Does it make a big enough difference to change it now-prob not but I鈥檓 no pro.

Reactions: Trucklover63

Registered
Most water separators are designed to have fuel pulled through them. However, there are some exceptions, the new FASS water separator is a beast and designed to have fuel pushed through it.

Registered
Most water separators are designed to have fuel pulled through them. However, there are some exceptions, the new FASS water separator is a beast and designed to have fuel pushed through it.
You are correct. There are two types of water separators out there. The ones that trap water at the bottom of the separator and they other that has a glass mat design that traps water in the filter media. FASS went to the newer design, that is why they now swap the filter locations on their lift pumps. Only draw back on the glass mat design is once it fills up with water it will not let the fuel pass thru it. It will have to be replaced. I have heard that the glass mat design is better at trapping water but I never had much problem with water in my fuel to begin with. I use the water separator that traps the water at the bottom and honestly have never gotten any water out of it. Never had much of a water problem where I am in MO. Dean

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
My Kennedy sits right between the water separator and fuel filter. WS first. I just always read it鈥檚 best to pull through one. Does it make a big enough difference to change it now-prob not but I鈥檓 no pro.
I think I like your answer. I'm just going to leave well enough alone as long as no one thinks it could cause catastrophic failures. I'm using the Baldwin filter in the Mega filter position and a Baldwin filter in the OE location. Does anyone make a filter that fits in the OE location with the "glass mat" design?

Registered
This is how I installed my Kennedy dual lift pump on my 2011. 50K miles so far with no problem.

Premium Member
Same, 2 years and 70k plus. Still flawless.

Reactions: 407driver

Premium Member
....... and Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself. :rofl
Sure he did, suicide by proxy................Hillary arranged it for him because he was so good to Bill!

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
No, he suffered from Vince Foster Syndrome. :teehee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts