Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i waxed my truck a couple weeks ago and i accidentally got wax on my plastic fender flares. i wiped it off immediately and i thought i fixed it but now all the sudden i see all the big white wax spots that i thought i wiped off. i tried goof off on them but that didn't really work. any suggestions?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
try peanut butter. that is what I was told would work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use all Meguiar's stuff and I think they sell something that gets wax off plastic and rubber.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are they black fender flares? If so you can do 2 things.1 soap and a tooth brush 2 a product called back to black. That is what I do on my Jeep or the trim on my truck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya they are black, where can i get the black to black stuff

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
You can get if off with WD-40. I used to have an avalanche....and it was 60% plastic. Anytime I got wax on my plastic I used WD-40 and it worked amazingly. I got the tip from a car detailer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dang good idea thanks did u just spray it on a rag and then wipe the wax off

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Yep....I just got a thin rag....like and old white shirt...sprayed it on the shirt till it was damp and then wiped. I used to have huge white swirls on my avalanche...and then my dads friend who details cars said use WD-40. Make sure you test it on a small piece in the fender wall to make sure it won't stain the plastic..it shouldn't...but with any product you should test it first. But I tried it and it worked great! Let me know how it worked for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i've heard vinegar and water works. never tried it thats just what I was told.

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
hey, ive used the wd-40 trick before, it worked at first but after a few rain storms the white marks from the wax were becoming visible again. so you might have to reapply it after a while to keep the wax from reappearing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts