Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I Will be a Duramax owner soon. Just bought a used truck from another island and will be here next week. I am a Dodge diesel owner that is putting out 500+Hp & 1000+ Torque all work done my self. Love that truck. I just got a new goose neck horse trailer and tired of my wife using my truck so I have been searching for a deal on a Dodge but I found this deal on a Duramax and I could not pass it up. This is what's up. 05 Chevy X-Cab 4X4 LS W/ Allison Automatic. In and out is mint. Costom orderd truck w/all the options (Clearance Lights ect.). 8" Fabtech With dual shock hoops & upper arms. Weld Cheyennes 17 X 10 polished, Brand new Toyos MTS 35s. Billet Tailgate handle, Door handles, Fuel door & Grill. Line-X bed liner, Air bags in rear adjustable in cab, Brake controller, Tinted windows, Husky Liners, Sounds, Dual Exhaust, Intake, Dual optima Batteries, Edge Juice W/Attitude, PPE Programmer, Mag-Hytech Trans & rear end covers. 68,000 Miles. $22,000. The seller said that the edge needs to be reflashed because it shuts down the engine. I will deal with that when it gets here.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
welcome to the df!!

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Night and day difference between Dodge and Chevy trucks/Diesels.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
welcome to the df

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
wow stacked edge j/a and the ppe:blowup

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow stacked edge j/a and the ppe:blowup
No, It's not stacked. He is running the PPE since the edge shuts down the engine. So should I just run the PPE and get guages. Sell the Edge?? I'm runnin the edge in my Dodge with no problems. Like on the fly changes. What's the important thing to upgrade on this engine. This is all new to me. I can tear down a cummins with my eyes closed.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yes dump edge keep ppe and welcome by the way. Also have the waves come and gone yet?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes dump edge keep ppe and welcome by the way. Also have the waves come and gone yet?
What Settings should I run to be safe? Towing a trailer and not???

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not sure what the ppe setting are that you have but probably around the 110-120 setting on it for fun. If you are going to be pulling with our trailering then turn it way down. Also search the mouthpiece mod on here that is something you should probably do.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Welcome to the DF !! Ask a vendor on here about a new "mouth-piece" (air inlet on the turbo) Everyone says the LLY mouthpiece is restricted or something.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
yeah first upgrade should be the mouthpiece...dump the edge j/a for sure...the allison is good for about 90-100rwhp over stock so on the PPE prolly no more then the 120 tune to keep it safe...when towing prolly no more then 30-50 hp over

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Run the PPE on the lowest setting for towing and for fun you can bump it up to lvl 3. If you want more power then you gotta build the tranny. Try to stick to a limit of 100hp over stock. Also like mentioned above, port the turbo mouthpiece or buy an aftermarket one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.