Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just recently acquired a 2012 LML with 105k miles bone stock. I do believe the injection pump as been replaced, but i need to contact local dealer for more info. Anyways, in the near future i am going to tune it via Efi Live with Danville performance ECM/TCM tunes, 5" Flo-pro exhaust, and a fass. Anyways, i am thinking for now ill just unplug everything underneath the hood (as far as the EGR and everything goes). But i was thinking about eventually purchasing the WC-Fab highflow bundle kit to properly get rid of everything underneath the hood. But as most know, the kit runs about $1600 so its not a small pill to swallow. Who all is running this kit? And is it really justifiable spending that much coin on it? It looks good under the hood, but i just wasn't sure how much else you gain past the personal satisfaction every time you popped the hood.

Any info would be appreciated!

Registered
In my opinion, on a stock/ tune only truck you really are just doing it for looks. The amount you spend for what you gain isnt noticeable at all besides a very small drop in egts. That being said i had his full s400 kit on my old truck. Fit and finish was very nice and I was happy.

Attachments

Registered
I agree with Nic. For just a stock deleted truck it really depends on if you want to spend the money or not for mostly looks. I have a problem with not being able to leave s**t along so i got the piping kit along with a S300. Some of us aren't cool enough to throw a S400 in the bay.

Attachments

Registered
Some of us throw 2 there :popcorn

Registered
Hi all, I just recently acquired a 2012 LML with 105k miles bone stock. I do believe the injection pump as been replaced, but i need to contact local dealer for more info. Anyways, in the near future i am going to tune it via Efi Live with Danville performance ECM/TCM tunes, 5" Flo-pro exhaust, and a fass. Anyways, i am thinking for now ill just unplug everything underneath the hood (as far as the EGR and everything goes). But i was thinking about eventually purchasing the WC-Fab highflow bundle kit to properly get rid of everything underneath the hood. But as most know, the kit runs about $1600 so its not a small pill to swallow. Who all is running this kit? And is it really justifiable spending that much coin on it? It looks good under the hood, but i just wasn't sure how much else you gain past the personal satisfaction every time you popped the hood.

Any info would be appreciated!

Just being honest here, i was not impressed with what WCF had to offer, however, it does look awfully shinny under the hood. I wont derail this thread with that experience though, if you want to read it, its one of very few posts started by me. you should be able to easily find it under my profile. Based on what your trying to do though, i think its overkill unless you plan for bigger upgrades down the road. Only reason i went Y bridge was because there were not parts available for my year at the time to do it differently (short of leaving the EGR on).

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys! I think when the time comes i will just leave everything under the hood (unplugged of course). I thought about maybe doing a drop in vgt of some sort to still retain the exhaust brake, and obviously if i ever did go that route i would get the piping kit as well. Not 100% sure my end goals with the truck, really not wanting to build trans or throw a ton of fuel at it. I would just do a mild charger on stock fuel for sure, but maybe a built trans as well but like i said im not sure. I don't want to get too deep into it (or that's my thought process now lol).

Registered
Well for what its worth i did the S300 kit & 10mm CP3 stroker at one time. Still on stock injectors for now. Only thing i have is trans tuning & my trans is struggling. Daily driving is fine, but when its time to let the girl eat lets just say its embarrassing. Only thing this truck makes me miss about my ol ford 6.7 right now is the trans. Just be prepared to put a trans in that bad boy at any given time if you plan on uppin the ponies closer to the 600-650 mark. If it were me i would replace the CP4 with a sportman or even the 10mm stroker before i did a turbo on stock fuel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Well for what its worth i did the S300 kit & 10mm CP3 stroker at one time. Still on stock injectors for now. Only thing i have is trans tuning & my trans is struggling. Daily driving is fine, but when its time to let the girl eat lets just say its embarrassing. Only thing this truck makes me miss about my ol ford 6.7 right now is the trans. Just be prepared to put a trans in that bad boy at any given time if you plan on uppin the ponies closer to the 600-650 mark. If it were me i would replace the CP4 with a sportman or even the 10mm stroker before i did a turbo on stock fuel.
I hear ya. The guy claims its got a fairly fresh injection pump in it. The gentleman that was the original owner was an older guy so i assume he didn't do a cp3 swap if it really does have a different pump. I am curious if it does, if its just another cp4 or if its the gen 2 cp4.2. But i need to go to dealer and give them the vin and see if i can find anything out.

Registered
Agreed. I would definitely do new pump, trans, and tunes. Then when your ready for big power buy the piping

Registered
It's been a while since I've read up on the stock CP4 pumps but i think the most you'll be able to get out of them is a little over the 500 mark maybe 550 pushing hard if i remember correctly

Registered
Cody i wasnt trying to rub salt in the wound. I would rather rub salt on a glass and make margaritas from scratch inbetween the time it takes your truck on the 3-4 shift :rofl:rofl

Registered
Cody i wasnt trying to rub salt in the wound. I would rather rub salt on a glass and make margaritas from scratch inbetween the time it takes your truck on the 3-4 shift :rofl:rofl
If only my trans shifted as quick as I can make a marg I'd have the baddest b*tch around :rofl:rofl P.S. Ima send you some of that marg mix, straight fire. Durty Gurl marg mix for all you marg drinkers out there. Drowning Allison tears one sip at a time.

Registered
Drowning allison tears is about right. Limitless makes a transmission that almost shifts as fast as you make margs. Only thing faster would be a Duraflite(48)swap haha.

Registered
Drowning allison tears is about right. Limitless makes a transmission that almost shifts as fast as you make margs. Only thing faster would be a Duraflite(48)swap haha.
Limitless will soon be moving to my neck of the woods so i do see a lil road trip in my future once they get settled....still prolly a 11 hr ride, but better than before:rof

Registered
It's been a while since I've read up on the stock CP4 pumps but i think the most you'll be able to get out of them is a little over the 500 mark maybe 550 pushing hard if i remember correctly
Someone told me that even going to a stock CP3 on a stock LML could net an additional ~50HP? True?

Registered
You would want to go to a sportman CP3 if you did swap the pumps out. A CP3 will support more power than the CP4, but the sportsman is a modified base CP3 pump that will flow more at higher RPMs where the OEM CP3 would fall on its face. Once again its been a while, but i believe the sportsman can be pushed to around the 700 mark.

Registered
I hear ya. The guy claims its got a fairly fresh injection pump in it. The gentleman that was the original owner was an older guy so i assume he didn't do a cp3 swap if it really does have a different pump. I am curious if it does, if its just another cp4 or if its the gen 2 cp4.2. But i need to go to dealer and give them the vin and see if i can find anything out.
For the record, the CP4.1 and the CP4.2 are totally different pumps, one is not a new revision of the other. The 1 and 2 denote the number of cylinders in the pump, not the version number. The CP4.1 is a single cylinder pump for small diesel engines like on a VW, where as the CP4.2 is the dual cylinder pump for the larger engines. They are similar pumps, but they do not interchange, and one is not a upgraded design over the other. While there may or may not be a revised CP4.2, its is NOT based on the .2 in the model number.

I bring this up because ive heard a lot of people talk about service managers and the like talking up the "new" pump, but i cant find any actual information that there was a revision to the pump. Ive heard others say that there dealers use the .2 to explain that it was a new version of the pump, and that is not true.

Image pulled from this forum, there are LOTS of other pictures so im including the link since there quite good photos of the pumps.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=387252

Premium Member
For the record, the CP4.1 and the CP4.2 are totally different pumps, one is not a new revision of the other. The 1 and 2 denote the number of cylinders in the pump, not the version number. The CP4.1 is a single cylinder pump for small diesel engines like on a VW, where as the CP4.2 is the dual cylinder pump for the larger engines. They are similar pumps, but they do not interchange, and one is not a upgraded design over the other. While there may or may not be a revised CP4.2, its is NOT based on the .2 in the model number.

I bring this up because ive heard a lot of people talk about service managers and the like talking up the "new" pump, but i cant find any actual information that there was a revision to the pump. Ive heard others say that there dealers use the .2 to explain that it was a new version of the pump, and that is not true.

Image pulled from this forum, there are LOTS of other pictures so im including the link since there quite good photos of the pumps.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=387252
First of all, all of this is 100% correct and well stated. To add to this, I have looked for information on an updated or revised version of the cp4.2 and have not been able to find anything, I鈥檓 not saying that it鈥檚 not out there, but I cannot find it. I starting to think that the revised version is one with the Exergy system saver already installed.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts